OwnerRez has partnered with Rentalz to provide an integrated API connection between the two systems. This allows OwnerRez users to handle their listings and bookings from Rentalz efficiently. Our Channel Management feature is extremely powerful and can significantly simplify your channel advertising. Learn how it works by reading our Channel Management Overview article.
- What is synchronized?
- Adding an Additional Property
NOTE: Rentalz.com is exclusively for inventory managed by a property management company.
Rentalz definition of a property management company is as follows:
- A PM must have at least five properties.
- A PM must have a consumer-facing, online booking website with a custom domain. (e.g., acmevacations.com)
Our integration pushes listing content, rates, availability, and rules to Rentalz. Rentalz will send booking data and credit card information into OwnerRez.
To get the integration process started:
- Log in to OwnerRez, go to Settings > API Integrations > Connect a Channel, then select Connect Rentalz API.
- Make sure to configure the channel settings and save.
- Once you save, find your Account ID on the Instructions tab, and complete the following steps.
- Complete the distribution order form at: https://www.rentalz.com/distribution (Use password: "bookdirect")You should receive an email asking you to confirm your email address that looks like this:
- Now that you have completed the Distribution Form, the Rentalz support team will reach out to you and ask you for your OwnerRez Account ID, which is shown on the Setup Instructions page (look at step 3). The Rentalz team will begin work to get your properties listed and let you know once they have completed this process.
Reach out to Rentalz support and tell them you need your new property in OwnerRez listed on Rentalz and they will begin the process with firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your properties be delisted. Once their support team has notified you that you can disable this channel, you can do so inside OwnerRez.
To turn off that "based on" aspect, you will need to navigate into each surcharges configuration inside OwnerRez and turn off the setting that reads "Auto-generate the charge description based on the amount above (recommended)."
- Go to Settings > Surcharges > Select the surcharge with the issue.
- Scroll down and uncheck "Auto-generate the charge description based on the amount above (recommended)."