Feature Requests
Latest Activity...
Price comparison widget 63 replies
Well, there are a couple of ways to do it as I see it... one would be more dynamic and involve "scraping" or "pulling" an actual quote from AirBnB or VRBO. Not sure how that would work from your end but I have seen other sites do it. Presumably we would have to enter our VRBO and AirBnB listing #'s in our owner accounts and then using that number you could generate a quote from those sites using the dates/guests provided? Again, not sure how that would work on the back end.
Trying to use a set % or fee amount and just tack that on can be tough.
AirBnB currently seems to hit my guests with 12.9% in fees plus I mark my rates up 3% to cover CC fees. So that could work
BUT... VRBO tends to have no rhyme or reason to their fees so that makes it a little harder outside of my peak season when guests always hit their $499 max fee.
Here's one site that is doing it...You can see as the page loads that they are dynamically getting the prices on the fly.
https://www.hawaiichee.com/listings/10600?check_in=2019-03-23&check_out=2019-03-30&adults=2&children=2
https://help.hawaiichee.com/general/how-does-best-price-work
Price comparison widget 63 replies
The Book Now/Inquiry widget already shows a quote in real time, so this would be basically be some kind of dynamic discount showing like:
"Money saved by booking direct: $35.18"
Which would be based on the average 3-5% guest service fee? Or a general % you provide?
It is a good idea.
Forum Search Feature 1 reply
For sure. The forum needs some love. In the meantime, you can use the search box on the Support page and it will return results from the forum and blog as well as support docs. I'm talking about the big search box on the top of this page:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support
Forum Search Feature 1 reply
It would be great to be able to search the forum for items I have questions for. I am sure, as a new user, many of my questions have already been asked and answered here! :-)
Price comparison widget 63 replies
This is a FANTASTIC idea!!!
Widget of amenities 13 replies
Very nice website Tim K! Thanks for sharing it, and the icons too...
Price comparison widget 63 replies
Either as a standalone or as part of the quote widget, I think it would be great for owners to be able to show how much guests are saving by using our websites to book. If the quote widget could pull rates from AirBnB, VRBO, etc and display them next to our rate that would be awesome. I don't know how hard it would be if we provided our matching VRBO property # for you guys to pull that rate info. I've seen other sites do it so it must be possible, just outside my level of expertise.
Widget of amenities 13 replies
Mine is very similar. https://www.beachhaven7.com/amenities/
Sync on demand 13 replies
Booking.com API has not synced in 19 hours even though changes have been made. How do I get it to sync now.
Cleaning Date 31 replies
As a stop gap, before the cleaning portal is available, is there a way to set up a trigger that would email our housekeeper our booking dates for the next month? Perhaps send an automated email the last week of each month, for the checkin/out dates of the next month? Thanks, Jeri
Kaba locks support 7 replies
I'm so glad this is on the roadmap for 2019. We also use Kaba and look forward to adding this integration. We'll be beta tester for you if you need someone! Thanks, Jeri
Email trigger criteria based on whether Rental Agreement is signed 6 replies
Is it possible to setup an email trigger(s) for inquiries? For example if an inquiry is set to expire in 7 days, we would like to send an email 4 days out. Then if nothing do a phone call follow-up.
Widget of amenities 13 replies
Finding individual icons is no issue. for me issue was creating sort of table or check list with icons and their descriptions that look good. maybe my website limitation but they never looked good. I found some "datalist" in my site builder but to me they are too large and some do not make sense even though it was best ones I could select . i cannot add outside one to the datalist. you can look at this smoky-mountains-cabin.com/RVL
Email trigger criteria based on whether Rental Agreement is signed 6 replies
You can do this... Set up a trigger to send to you [x] days before arrival and set criteria to Renter Agreement Signed = NO
Email trigger criteria based on whether Rental Agreement is signed 6 replies
I may have already asked for this...
I'd love to see a trigger criteria for "Rental Agreement is not signed" that I can run a few days prior to an arrival to remind the guest to sign the agreement. Maybe once a day the week prior to arrival. In addition, it would be great if there were a way to email ME if someone hasn't signed it, so I can intervene and contact the guest directly or even stop them from coming until they sign it.
Widget of amenities 13 replies
Check out the FamFamFam set as well. The silk ones: http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/. Big group, maybe not every specific amenity you want but a large free set. FontAwesome or FamFamFam may build some custom ones for you if you pay them.
Widget of amenities 13 replies
ShenRent - I looked at https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icons/ and searched for groups of icons related to real estate or rentals, and then individual icons like pool, hottub, laundry, washing machine, etc and didn't find any...
But thanks for the tip - being open source/free to use is great, and I imagine I'll find some icons that will work.
Widget of amenities 13 replies
Look at the FontAwesome stuff. There's a zillion of them and they are better than icons - they're actually web "fonts" so you can increase their size or color perfectly by just specifying HTML attributes.
Widget of amenities 13 replies
I agree - I'm working on a website and started looking around for nice icons to use and didn't find anything obvious. I'm sure they are available somewhere, but there's a fee to be paid. Unless y'all are artists and will design your own, I imagine you'd need to get a license so that's a complication.
For me, either a widget like BlueMtn described or if y'all could just identify a nice set of icons that work well (paid is okay), that would be just as well. I don't personally need it to be dynamic and part of a widget, and in fact having the flexibility to move icons around is a nice thing. Means I can display differently depending upon whether the website is being viewed on a desktop, ipad, or portrait/landscape phone.
Widget of amenities 13 replies
Would be great if there was a widget that could generate some sort oif check list / bullet list with small icons based on amenities. You already have some on availability search widget , kind of like that. So we could embed in website.
Such as:
bedrooms
Hot tub
Fireplace
wooded or mountain or water view (or all)
sleeps
No pets/yes pets
WiFI
Security cameras
Grill
patio/deck furniture
Firepit
bathrooms (number and icon)
dinning for (number)
Central heat/ac
family friendly
parking (nbr of cars)
Other stuff?
you can see similar list on my site but it is not very flexible and icons don't necessarily match the VR
Xero Integration 35 replies
Thanks Paul - I appreciate your frankness. I'd really love to see the xero integration (which by the way could well open OR up to the Australian and New Zealand market much more - as Xero is very well established and recommended over here and not being able to integrate it is a definate drawback). I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed then that it will happen
Venmo and photo ID 1 reply
You would have to use the Custom Payment Method and then specify that in the instructions body. You're right about the title that it shows - we've had requests to change that title so something like "Venmo" could be put in there. At the moment, we don't support that however.
No built in way to collect and store photo IDs or other file uploads yet, but it's on the dev roadmap.
Xero Integration 35 replies
This is a hard questions to answer. We try to be transparent with users about our development roadmap. This is a pretty fuzzy one. I would guess that if we work on it all in 2019, it would be until Q3 or Q4 based on what we're doing now and I only give it a 25-30% likelihood even then. There's just too much else going on including lots of updates for QuickBooks first.
Green stuff 6 replies
I avoid anything with "low flow" in the title - faucets, shower heads, toilets, you name it. I want power in the flow, sorry if that offends. 🏋🤪
Venmo and photo ID 1 reply
Is there a way to show Venmo as a payment option? I see where I can add Custom Payment Method, but there is no way to edit the title so the guest sees Venmo as a choice.
Also is there any way to collect and store photo ID's yet?
Thanks, Sherene
Xero Integration 35 replies
Hi Chris
I'm discussing accounting software options with my accountant atm and having an idea of the timeframe for OR and Xero integrating would be much appreciated - it will help me make some decisions and future planning. Appreciate your reply asap.
Green stuff 6 replies
The trick is to find the right showerhead. I looked at them all. Some are reviewed as easily breakable. Some as too weak, This one is solid steel and I use it on a daily basis (personally). It is very reasonable flow - little hissy sound, but not bother me. On Amazon:
High Sierra's All Metal 1.5 GPM High Efficiency Low Flow Showerhead.
Green stuff 6 replies
On a persona note, low flow showers is anti-amenity. I do not want a trickle , I want a normal shower. LOL
Xero Integration 35 replies
Oh that would be awesome - can you give me any more timeline details? It may mean I don't have to change accounting packages. I'd really like to stay with Xero but to maximise my integration with OR and streamlining of everything , have started to think I might need to switch over to QB but really don't want all that extra work and learning curve.
Green stuff 6 replies
No doubt. If you have green attributes to brag about, it's a great thing to do. Lot of people eyeing that these days.