Feature Requests
Latest Activity...
Xero Integration 35 replies
Yes, we do actually. We've been working with the accounting guys at Ximplifi to expand our QB integration and be "more correct" generally speaking. As part of that, we're hoping to get into Xero in the near future.
Xero Integration 35 replies
HI
Now that OR is integrating with Quickbooks - do you have any plans/scheduling for integrating OR with Xero?
Green stuff 6 replies
Gotta keep up with those Gen X-Y-Z millenials, etc.!!!
For example, PAPowerswitch.com (and other states) lets you specify your supplier, including those providing 25% or more renewable power.
Green stuff 6 replies
This is a good idea, we'll note it down for when we do our next round of amenities. We also need to add some of the new safety features lists that the channels are adding.
Coupon Code? 17 replies
Coupon code option would be great! and HUGE addition to the tools we have to market our own properties. It appears this has been on the request list for a long time. It would need to be applicable during the "booking" process to be used on in a widget on a website would be perfect.
Green stuff 6 replies
On the Amenities page, is it possible to add several checkboxes. Perhaps under a Green section?
100% renewable electric provider
Low flow showers
Recycle bin
LED bulbs throughout
I don't use them, but perhaps things like Solar Heat or Solar Water Heating might be a possible.
Update imported guest names to mixed case 1 reply
Rich, good idea! We do have name correction on inquiry parsing. Looks like we should do the same for channel imported bookings as well. Given their huge size, you'd think the channels could do that on their end. 🤪 I'll note that down for future dev.
Update imported guest names to mixed case 1 reply
Any chance that y'all can modify the incoming data from VRBO to correct the case of guest names?
I see names like these:
joe smith
JOE SMITH
Joe smith
I assume that's how the guest entered their name in VRBO, but it looks a bit unprofessional when I'm emailing them.
I realize I can fix it manually, just would prefer it be automated if that's possible.
Required custom field content 2 replies
A thought - How about showing the guest name in RED on in the Ribbon and Month views of the booking tab? That seems like a very small update what wouldn't affect the UI very much, but it would be quite noticeable to us users.
- RED TEXT for the guest name
- RED TEXT in the hover summary
Required custom field content 2 replies
Now that I've been using custom fields for keycodes for over a month, I'm finding that about every 4th time I import I completely forget to set up the custom fields (I use them for keycodes)
Of course, it happens when I'm distracted and fighting various fires. I **do** remember to use the channel bridge, mostly because I know that it's essential otherwise the email automation doesn't happen. But it's too easy to forget about the custom fields.
So...... pretty please, I'll email many beers if y'all can implement some kind of safety net that reminds me when this has been overlooked in a booking.
Simplified Quote for Customer 11 replies
I agree, I prefer email quote would have all the detail as it has now. We could lose left most column where it says "rent" or "surcharge" as it is redundant anyway as description of line item has it.
Simplified Quote for Customer 11 replies
I am all for the simplified email quote responder language. It is currently a detailed description, but I dint think people always get all the detail. They want simple numbers and a total, just like the inquiry/book widget does.
Coupon Code? 17 replies
I would love to see a coupon code option!
Hosted Websites - add-ons? 2 replies
You can do optional surcharges or discounts that are available on checkout: https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/enhanced-surcharges-discounts-and-add-ons
For things like the minimum stay, requirement, those would be booking criteria on the surcharge that would limit its application, whether automatic or optional.
If you want more service levels, those could be optional on checkout, either start with the Good level and discount to Budget or vice versa.
In terms of combinations, one booking only applies to one property at this point. If you have commonly rented combinations like both sides of a duplex or adjacent houses, you could create an additional property that represents both of them and allow it to be booked together.
Hosted Websites - add-ons? 2 replies
The following would be for my hosted website
I would like to offer:
-- a couple service levels (like Budget and Good). For example, a 2 bedroom apartment might be $105 at the budget level with no linens or welcome basket. And $165 might have linens, welcome basket and a stocked fridge.
-- additional services with a minimum stay. For example, a welcome basket if you stay at least 3 days, Free boat rental with at least 6 days, Whatever,
-- several add-ons, like bicycle rental, boat rental or a tour of the area (each with its own price).
-- we discussed this earlier for how to do on an OTA, but how could I package 2 or more adjacent VRs from my hosted website? They would see my 7 VRs. But how could they combine VRs on the website in a straightforward fashion? And have it properly billed (or potentially a small discount).
Kaba locks support 7 replies
Yes! Would be fantastic if this can be done in Q1, 2019. We now have 4 properties that have to use Kaba locks, this will decrease our routine tasks significantly and further automate the platform. I will for sure be a very strong promoter when this is done.
Kaba locks support 7 replies
It would be great if this feature can be supported in Q1.
costs per property fields addition 5 replies
Yes, good eye on that. We are going to be adding specific enumerations on surcharges for known fees like cleaning, pet, extra guest, firewood and so on. Our API integration with HomeAway actually has made this important because of how they take fees and rates from our system when pushing across. We are looking to do that in OwnerRez as well which will flow to down-stream things like reporting so that you can see those broken out. Our Line Item Detail and Summary reports can already be pivoted to show some of those things but not as clearly as we would like.
Add an 'Upcoming' tab 0 replies
Would be nice to have an easy to view (1 mouse click) tab showing what OR is going to be doing with regard to automations...
Perhaps when Tasks are supported in OR this will naturally happen anyway, since automated emails are a type of automated tasks?
In any case, I'd like to have a way to monitor what actions OR is planning to take with regard to sending emails, so that I can double check it's doing what I want.
Kaba locks support 7 replies
Thank you. Really looking forward to this feature. Hope it can be developed right after VRBO integration. I also volunteer to be a beta tester for it.
costs per property fields addition 5 replies
Thank you for the response Paul.
It would also help if in your financials you may collect standard fees we pay to 3rd parties. One very common fee that is always paid by everyone is: Cleaning Fee. Is there any chance this can be added as a per property type cost that can be included to a detailed report we run?
I am also envisioning a report where you can select, financial fields to show, like newly added "Cleaning fee" or "miscellaneous fee", Net payments, tax, Total payment, Net Total etc that can be selected per channel so a configurable report analysis can be made. Do you see any value in this to develop a feature for it?
Thank you.
costs per property fields addition 5 replies
Thank you Tim. I will for sure give it a try.
costs per property fields addition 5 replies
We do have an Expenses area - and we're expanding that this year for bank account tracking and QB syncing - but Tim is right. You really need to have a separate accounting system (QB, Sage, Xero) that you use to track expenses, liabilities, taxes and so on. We do not ever plan on being a full double-entry bookkeeping product, so things like Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet wouldn't ever be able to be produced. Our Expense, Deposit and Bank Account stuff is meant to be a way to track things for PMs that need to bill them back to owners or be reimbursed, not as the accounting system.
Kaba locks support 7 replies
Sorry for the lack of response here. No ETA or news on Kaba yet. It's on our dev roadmap for 2019 for sure, but we have to get some other stuff combed out of our hair here first.
Kaba locks support 7 replies
I have units with Kaba locks too. Any updates on Kaba lock integration? I would be happy to do the testing for you.
costs per property fields addition 5 replies
I recommend using an accounting system that is designed for this. I use Wave which is FREE. www.WaveApps.com
Once you are setup and up to speed it is great. I use it to send out invoices, collect booking deposits (they process CC or echeck payments online), and manage expenses. And it syncs with your bank account so you can check all of your deposits and payments against what you've billed/spent. They have an app that you take a picture of all your expense receipts....it scans the fields and pulls out the store, date, totals, etc. Then all you do is choose the category for the expense and which account it goes to and you are done. At the end of the year you click reports and pull up all your expenses categorized nicely, and send it to your accountant.
Did I mention it is free?
Tim
costs per property fields addition 5 replies
Is there any plans to add costs that we incur, like supplies, cleaning cost, insurance cost etc etc (the parts that IRS wants in Schedule E) into the property directly. So we can use as a database for yearly taxes and also know the current sales - total costs for the year per each property.
Kaba locks support 7 replies
Any news on the ETA or ETA for ETA?
Integration with Mailchimp 53 replies
MailChimp has a full API so it's possible for us to keep lists updated on that side too (ie. as bookings/guests change in OR) but it's just not something that we've had time to do. The problem is also that MailChimp isn't the only newsletter tool out there - there are zillions of them - and MailChimp has gotten expensive for small businesses in recent years.