Feature Requests
Latest Activity...
Sync on demand 13 replies
Thanks, I am not so concerned about content/photos, mostly rates.
Sync on demand 13 replies
Yes, although there are users who have whined and fussed enough and gotten VRBO to put them in PM mode even with 2 or 3 properties. That's rare though, so don't count on it. For users with less than 5 properties, we're continuing to expand our Channel Bridge options so that you can push/pull content quickly. We just released an Airbnb rate push for that and VRBO rate push will be coming soon. Content (photos, amenities) are coming and some other things.
Sync on demand 13 replies
Paul W said:
Only if we have an API/partner integration with the channel - and we do for several. Our API integration for VRBO is coming out soon. We have a pilot group of users in place that we're starting testing with right now. When that's done, the availability will push to VRBO immediately as soon as bookings occur in OR. That already happens with Booking.com, TripAdvisor and CanadaStays.only if you have 5 or more properties for TA and VRBO, correct?
Sync on demand 13 replies
Only if we have an API/partner integration with the channel - and we do for several. Our API integration for VRBO is coming out soon. We have a pilot group of users in place that we're starting testing with right now. When that's done, the availability will push to VRBO immediately as soon as bookings occur in OR. That already happens with Booking.com, TripAdvisor and CanadaStays.
Sync on demand 13 replies
Paul, is there any way to push reservations to other sites? I added a reservation today thru OR and before it synced with VRBO, I got a reservation request for the dates.
I ended up going to VRBO, cutting my calendar sync link, pasting it again, and clicking 'save.' Did the job, but it would be nice if it could be easier/more automatic.
Add Long Term Rental Feature 11 replies
If you want to show a secondary point of contact on both leases, leave the primary one as the contact on the booking. Then add a secondary POC name using a custom field: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/capture-additional-fields-on-checkout-quote-acceptance
If you want to try it out first, create a test booking for yourself and work through the flow using the signing links. Then cancel it out and walk the guest through the same procedure on their booking.
Add Long Term Rental Feature 11 replies
If the emails for Sam and Mary are both under Sam's reservation I see how that would work.
Does POC mean Point of Contact? Does that change the reservation from being under Sam to being under Mary?
It seems that they would need to somehow have One Main and One secondary address record.
I would test this out but I don't think there is a way to delete the lease that would be generated.
Add Long Term Rental Feature 11 replies
Sure, you would send the second tenant the same Renter Agreement link (booking > Legal > Request > send that URL) and tell them to fill in their own POC info and then sign. That would generate another signed agreement.
Add Long Term Rental Feature 11 replies
Is there a way to add two tenants to a lease so both need to sign and archive their agreements?
Refundable damage deposit - how it is displayed in quotes 10 replies
Yep, breaking out the refundable deposit is high on the dev list.
We just released a TI feature where the guest can edit the amount, so they can fix it for that. That's so they can also add flights etc. that they want to be covered as well.
Add a description to widgets 2 replies
Yep, that's a great idea. Easy to get crosseyed when staring down a huge list of widgets.
Will add it to the dev list.
Refundable damage deposit - how it is displayed in quotes 10 replies
I think it is starting to become more important. Since the OTA shenanigans, I started to advert more on social media. But what happens is that people DO NOT READ which means that when I direct them to the website and they see a quote, they balk because they DO NOT UNDERSTAND that deposit amount is refundable even though my "surcharge" description says "REFUNDABLE damage deposit" , refundable being capitalized. So they get scared of the quote amount.
I know Chris was saying something will be possibly done about displaying and /or collecting deposit separately, also so that travel insurance does not include deposit amount either. Staying tuned for the updates.
Add a description to widgets 2 replies
I found a temporary workaround that I'll share if anyone is interested.
You can add a comment in the CSS section. For those non-web-geeks, CSS let's you define styles - colors, fonts, etc.
But a comment is ignored. Like this:
/* This widget is used in my rental business website. Don't edit it! */
or
/* This widget is to show reviews on PM website*/
or
/* Testing */
Add a description to widgets 2 replies
I have lots of widgets for different purposes, and I forget what each is for. Suggest you add a description field to every widget so we can identity what it's used for. i.e. "website booking widget for WordPress", "cleaner calendar for property X", "property reviews for Facebook"
Thanks
HomeAway Tax Handling 1 reply
Yes, we plan to add Booking Criteria (dates, length of stay) to Taxes just like it is on Surcharges. This would allow you to turn off VRBO/HomeAway but also create another one that allows it **before/after a certain date**. That would allow Channel Bridge to bring in old bookings properly WITH the tax but not for new ones. We don't have an ETA on getting that out but we've wanted to add it for other reason as well (eg. longer bookings shouldn't be taxed at all as most municipalities see >30 day bookings as long term residential stays).
HomeAway Tax Handling 1 reply
With the new HomeAway Tax withholding being implemented in Florida it would be nice to further filter Taxes based on Booking Details. I tried using seasons, but it messed up all my rates. I try to keep my line items to a minimum as guest freak out over too many lines.
Example:
Sales Tax - (6% + [County Discretionary] + [County Tourist Tax]) - Applies to all bookings, except HomeAway/VRBO on or after 12/01/2018
County Tourist Tax - Applies to all HomeAway/VRBO bookings on or after 12/01/2018
Aggregated email correspondence 2 replies
I recently made a suggestion on this very topic. I found this 2011 comment while searching for something else.
It is important to have a workflow that does capture all of the emails so you can see them 1) grouped and 2) all in the same location
I think this could be done in Gmail (as the primary repository) and then links to launch OwnerRez when you need it.
FYI
My comment was:
CLEANER EMAIL INBOX IN GMAIL
Using a standardized email header would allow grouping of emails.
Emails are not being collected under similar subject lines. This is a great way to organize emails for one rental rather than having them separate for each email.
Gmail does this automatically.
Conversation view on
Conversation view off
Info on it here.
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/5900?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
I group all of my emails by starting with this common subject line
Captain Morse House Inquiry 2019-0911-0917
Then when it is booked I use this subject line
Captain Morse House Rental 2019-0911-0917
Cleaning Date 31 replies
I’ve just had a bit of a near miss with cleaning schedules so am keen to follow this feature too
Cleaning Date 31 replies
We don't have a firm ETA yet, but development has started and we're hoping for early in the new year on the release.
Cleaning Date 31 replies
This is a real pain point for me. I stress too much that something will get missed and this could make it more seamless and worthwhile to continue with using OwnerRez.
Cleaning Date 31 replies
Next question is When? I am nervous with anticipation.
Cleaning Date 31 replies
Glad to hear it, Glenn, but we do have a lot more coming on Housekeeping. The cleaning date was just a temporary shim. For everyone else watching this topic, Housekeeping will be a full module with notes/pics, accepted dates, portal access for cleaners and more.
Cleaning Date 31 replies
Even though the cleaning date is just a field, it is of extremely useful importance to me. I am quite happy with it already. In my setup I need to define a date for the cleaners. This also allows me to know not to book after a stay until the cleaners are done - a mutually decided date which usually is the next day but depending on weekends, holidays, etc can be a few days.
The cleaning date shows up on the calendar and that is great. It also shows up in the reports and occasionally I can run a report which shows this date per stay and ensure that my cleaner and I are well synced.
Very happy with the cleaning date ;-)
Glenn
Cleaning Date 31 replies
The old payment structure back in 2016 was a per booking fee. That hasn't been in effect for years -- it's all per property now: https://www.ownerrez.com/pricing
Cleaning Date 31 replies
" am happy to pay the extra $5/reservation just for the great tools that exist to manage the guest (automated emails, custom fields, good reporting, etc)."
Am I missing something?
Don't we already get automated emails, custom fields and reporting without paying $5/reservation? Or was this in a prior payment structure?
Cleaning Date 31 replies
There's no real documentation on it yet -- it's just a field that you can set on the Info tab on the booking, which then shows up on the calendar, in the stay reports, and on the portal for cleaners. Very simple single field there.
We are also working on a more detailed cleaning assignment and status tracking feature -- that will have a lot more functionality.
Cleaning Date 31 replies
Where is the documentation for Cleaning Date?
Avoid same-day turnovers on certain days (i.e. holidays) 5 replies
Yep, that's the best way to do that for now. We've got some ideas about how to make more general event blocks for stuff like this or general prep time rules on the todo list.
Sync on demand 13 replies
Yes I have found the buried tool occasionally, but can never find it when I really want to. Usually because I'm in a hurry, that would be why I'm needing a quick sync : ) . Thanks
Sync on demand 13 replies
I like the idea of having a general Tools > Sync Everything is pretty cool. Good idea. 👍 That might frustrate our engineer team though, lol