Recently, our CEO, Paul Waldschmidt, sat down with Heather Bayer to discuss his thoughts on what makes a good software solution, what you should look for, and how a people-first approach drives the company culture and has contributed to its success.
With many years of experience owning and managing multiple vacation rental properties, Heather brings her knowledge and views on every aspect of the business. Heather has appeared as a guest on CTV Canada, CBC Radio, Rogers TV, and Chex TV and is frequently interviewed on real estate and travel topics by magazines and daily newspapers. In other words, she's a big deal in the vacation rental industry. Check out the Vacation Rental Formula website to find Heather's interviews, articles, and marketing tips.
Over four years ago, the OwnerRez co-founder's Paul Waldschmidt and Chris Hynes joined Heather Bayer to discuss what they had created. (You can listen to that podcast here.) Now Paul has returned to talk about how OwnerRez has quietly worked at making the software one of the most awarded in the industry. The business has grown from a small start-up into an Elite channel manager with 25 employees and growing.
Some of the topics discussed in this podcast include:
- How to choose the right PMS for a small business
- The common pain points that software needs to resolve
- The questions to ask when researching options
- How all integrations are not created equal
- The key features to look for in a software solution
- The best way to make the relationship between PMS and clients successful
- How the Book Direct movement impacts demands for software
- The best tools for owners targeting direct bookings
The conversation can be listened to, in full, by using the following Apple podcast player: