General Help and Questions
Latest Activity...
Supposed Booking.com Payments Update 1 reply
In the latest blog post you say, "we updated Booking.com cancellations to always do refunds manually."
But when I go to Edit Booking.com Channel — Credit Card Payments, there is the Automatic option, which says, "If a credit card exists, automatically apply payments/refunds based on the cancellation policy you have configured in Booking.com."
So it seems that when I chose the Automatic option, refunds are still automatic. So I don't get what is supposed to be different.
My logo is so small on my OR hosted website 4 replies
With a large logo that's square with smaller text below, there's just not a whole lot of room for it to spread. Because the graphical element is very large in relation to the text, you'd have to make the logo display quite large for the text to be as big as you want it. You could force the image to be bigger, but it would take up half the page at that point.
A better solution would be to tweak the layout of the logo so it fits the available space better. Either:
a) Shrink the graphical element and increase the relative size of the text so that the text makes up more of the image. For example, the logo here: https://www.shenrent.com/.
OR
b) Move the text to the right of the graphical logo so that it has more room. For example, the logo on: https://www.mauivacationrentalcondo.com/
My logo is so small on my OR hosted website 4 replies
i have the same problem with small logo. no extra white space. any way to designate pixel dimensions?
Reminder setting up a new listing - order of process 4 replies
Thanks Ken
Reminder setting up a new listing - order of process 4 replies
Yes, you can fully set up a new property in OwnerRez, and then push the listing information to Vrbo and Airbnb using API connections.
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-vrbo-common-issues-questions#newproperty
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb-common-issues-questions#newproperty
Reminder setting up a new listing - order of process 4 replies
Can I set up the unit in full on OR then export that to set up an Airbnb/VRBO listing - or do I need to set up Airbnb/VRBO listings fully first and import them into OR? Just trying to avoid the redundancy of all the set up - photos/listing info etc multiple times.
Account ID for Vrbo API 8 replies
It's under Settings > API Integrations > select the Vrbo entry. If you don't already have your Vrbo API configured in there, you aren't ready to do the connection yet.
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-vrbo-setup-connecting
Account ID for Vrbo API 8 replies
Where do I find my account ID for Vrbo API? I cannot find it listed anywhere in my owner rez profile.
Rate Widget on Hosted Site 1 reply
I actually just found this help article that offers CSS codes we can add to the hosted website to get rid of that rates/seasons section: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/hosted-website-css-magic
Changeover Restrictions - change for specific bookings 3 replies
Unfortunately, there is no way to individually override the forced-gap rule - if you have it turned on, it will be enforced in all cases.
Changeover Restrictions - change for specific bookings 3 replies
My changeover restriction requires a gap of 1 night to allow cleaners time to access my property. However, for specific bookings when I've confirmed cleaners availability, I'd like to allow a same day checkin/checkout.
How can I do this?
AirBnb API as a Cohost 1 reply
Yes, you need to connect the API to the actual Airbnb account, not to a cohosted account.
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb-common-issues-questions#cohosts
AirBnb API as a Cohost 1 reply
Hello - I'm working to switch to the API but after i connected it, I could not map the properties I set up in OwnerRez to the AirBnb listing. The only option under map properties in the Airbnb listing dropdown is to "Create New Listing" even though we've had listings on Airbnb for years. Could the issue be that my husband is the host and I'm the cohost?
Any help would be appreciated!
-Kate
Tracking 4 replies
Most likely you need to add them as a Custom Source:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/custom-sources
Tracking 4 replies
There is no Listing Sites listed in my settings
Mailchimp email marketing 3 replies
I have found you need to keep your list clean. If a contact doesn't open then cull them from your list.
Also easier to keep below the mailchimp free limit of subscribers. Algorithms favour interaction. I'm getting around a 60 % open rate on my monthly mail shot.
How does the pricing between Stripe and Lynbrook compare? 35 replies
anyone know how much stripe charges per authorization?
Walk through of incorporating guest name and ages other than primary into rental agreement 2 replies
To capture additional information, add custom field definitions and mark them for entry during reservation and renter agreement signing.
Here's an article that walks you through: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/capture-additional-fields-on-checkout-quote-acceptance
For guests, there's not yet a special "guest list" type field (we have plans for that). For now, just create multiple fields -- Guest 1 Name, Guest 2 Name, etc.
Walk through of incorporating guest name and ages other than primary into rental agreement 2 replies
Could I also get this info please
Channel Bridge - AirBnB Financial Error 2 replies
Great. It appears all figures are in GBP now. You sorted that much quicker than I thought it could be. Many thanks
Mailchimp email marketing 3 replies
Todd and Greta K said:
This is a question about Mailchimp or how other hosts send email marketing emails vs how to use OR. I am new to OR and have collected 26 emails from bookings! I would like to send an email to these guests, with a discount code if they book direct through the my website that OR hosts. I have signed up for a MailChimp account, and imported the contacts from OR to mailchimp. In mailchimp, How do I turn these 26 emails into 'subscribed' status via MailChimp? Or how do others hosts do email 'marketing'? Thanks!I have over 2000 emails in my list. and I send periodic newsletters. It is VERY fruitless. I maybe had 3 rebooks from the mailings and I have been in rental biz 10 years and I had 3 (now 2 ) properties. No one reads email anymore, it ends up in spam or gets deleted.
Channel Bridge - AirBnB Financial Error 2 replies
Yep, the currencies should all match for sure. Looks like the guest fee could be affected by a display setting that's showing USD in some cases. We tracked down a native price field that's got the underlying currency always and released an update to prefer that field.
Do another channel bridge download and you should now see GBP across the board.
Channel Bridge - AirBnB Financial Error 2 replies
There seems to be a slight issue with how channel bridge pulls financial data and how it deals with different currency.
We are UK users and so most of our AirBnB bookings comes via airbnb.co.uk, rather than .com. So all transactions are dealt with in GBP.
However it seems that AirBnB supplies raw data to Channel Bridge in a mixture of GBP and USD, which causes issues with certain fields.
For example on the 'Bookings' tab of the csv file you get when channel bridging, it swaps and changes currency values at will...
FIELDS
Total Amount - USD
Total Owner Amount - GBP
Total Guest Amount - USD
Total Guest Fee - USD
Total Host Fee - GBP
Total Cleaning Fee - GBP
Then on the 'Charges' tab, everything is in GBP
Now when importing that data in to OwnerRez most financial data is correct, as the fields it uses to populate the financials are dragged from the fields already in GBP in the cvs file... except for the 'Guest Listing Site Fee' which uses the 'Total Guest Fee' field to populate the data. That data is in USD and so populates OwnerRez with the USD amount, but as we have our OR account set to GBP currency, it puts a '£' sign next to a USD amount.
Where this has caused some slight issues is that when reviewing our nightly rates, we were under the impression the guests where paying more than they actually are. As we took our 'Total Charged' added the 'Guest Listing Site Fee' and assumed that is what the guests had paid via AirBnB, but now realise that figure is inflated because the currency issue.
Now I know this is more to do with 'how' and 'what' data AirBnB supplies to OR via channel bridge and I have no idea where AirBnB is getting the USD values, as all UK booking are invoiced and charged in GBP. They must do this conversion for their own internal accounting? Who knows?
So the question is, can airbnb supply the 'Total Guest Fee' data in the currency it was charged in, just like it does for other important fields?
This is clearly something that is skews the data for UK customers, but assume the same issue is present for other users around the world that have a different currency of anything other than USD?
Any help on this would be great. Cheers guys.
Field Code Not Populating Clickable Links 1 reply
It usually ends up clickable in the guest's email inbox. But, you can also explicitly make it clickable by selecting the text of the field code in the editor, clicking the "Link" button on the editor menu (it looks like chain links), and the selecting the appropriate field code for the link.
Mailchimp email marketing 3 replies
I would recommend joining the chimp answers Facebook group to find out more about mailchimp.
I
Field Code Not Populating Clickable Links 1 reply
Hopefully someone can help!
I'm having an issue inserting a field code {BULEASE} into a message template, which should come up as a link the guest can click to sign the rental agreement. When I enter the code and look at the preview, I see text that looks like "https://orez.io/v1" etc. but it's not clickable. When I copy/paste, the link works, but I don't understand why it's not a clickable hyperlink.
Thanks!
How do I remove the OwnerRez "Is this an inquiry?" banner from all my incoming emails? 4 replies
Good point.
- You don't need that for Airbnb, because Airbnb inquiries now come direct through the API, as you suggest.
- Vrbo doesn't work that way unfortunately, but we recommend using Vrbo's own messaging tools to handle Vrbo inquiries. Let OwnerRez take over after the guest has made a booking.
Mailchimp email marketing 3 replies
This is a question about Mailchimp or how other hosts send email marketing emails vs how to use OR. I am new to OR and have collected 26 emails from bookings! I would like to send an email to these guests, with a discount code if they book direct through the my website that OR hosts. I have signed up for a MailChimp account, and imported the contacts from OR to mailchimp. In mailchimp, How do I turn these 26 emails into 'subscribed' status via MailChimp? Or how do others hosts do email 'marketing'? Thanks!
How do I remove the OwnerRez "Is this an inquiry?" banner from all my incoming emails? 4 replies
Well, come to think of it, why do I need to send all my AirBNB and VRBO emails to @inquiryspot.com at all? Wasn't that only used back before we had API integration? Now that I am fully integrated, can I change that?
Verify Email / Domain 10 replies
Great. Thanks guys, all set up now. ;)