General Help and Questions
Latest Activity...
Creating a secure custom form in OR to request for ID 15 replies
I send a dropbox link for guests to upload a copy of their ID. I tell guests that we only need to see their name and date of birth to verify that they meet our minimum age requirement.
Credit Card Chargeback Using OwnerRez Digital Signature 2 replies
I had and I won
Google Tag Manager 2 replies
Chris Hynes said:
We have Google Analytics tracking built in -- you don't need to mess with Google Tag Manager.Instead, enter your Google Analytics Tracking Id following these instructions: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/analytics-tracking
On that note.. pretty please... Can we ask IT to assign a separate GA tag to Smoky Mountains Alliance widgets? Right now it shares a GA tag with my website ;-)
Inbox not feeding 9 replies
Wow Ok: Let me start fresh> I need to get automated emails setup for new guest > Ive used smart bnb in the past>owner rez has some ability to do this ? Correct? What will be the least amount of resistance to get this accomplished> Checking multiple inboxes is not what I want to do.
Inbox not feeding 9 replies
That depends.
- If you reply using the Airbnb message system, then those messages will show up both in OwnerRez and in Airbnb.
- Emails sent from OwnerRez do not show up in the channel inboxes, and replies from the guest do not show up in OwnerRez.
Inbox not feeding 9 replies
Thanks
So if I communicate with the guest through owner rez will that discussion then show up in the inbox?
Inbox not feeding 9 replies
Hi Boyd,
This is normal - OwnerRez does not currently have a connection to the VRBO messaging system, just Airbnb. You need to continue to use VRBO tools to deal with their internal messages.
Inbox not feeding 9 replies
I am getting bookings and email notifications from vrbo, Also get pop-ups on the vrbo dashboard to use my owner rez account. But my inbox isn't receiving messages from guests. Airbnb I get but not vrbo? Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks Boyd
Setting up new properties when Integrated 4 replies
Here's how to do that:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb-common-issues-questions#newproperty
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-homeaway-common-issues-questions#newproperty
Setting up new properties when Integrated 4 replies
Love the search feature! I have added a new property and have integration for both Air and VRBO. Why actions do I need to take to get the platforms to see the property?
Creating a secure custom form in OR to request for ID 15 replies
I think the privacy issue would not apply if you ask them to redact personal info like ID numbers of any kind. I tell them I need their DOB, current address and photo, they can redact anything else. ???
How to delete listings 8 replies
I swear I tried that yesterday and there was no option to delete (which is why I ended up disabling them!) -- but lo and behold, re-enabling them now gave me the delete option. DONE!
Thanks, Chris!!!
How to delete listings 8 replies
Aha! I was looking only at active properties. I don't think you can delete disabled properties. Try re-enabling then deleting.
Editing my Airbnb listing through OwnerRez?? Can't find where to do it. 6 replies
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
We are selling our home so I will be off this platform in the next month or two. I have so appreciated the service OR provides and the speedy support responses. :-)
How to delete listings 8 replies
The 2 properties in question have been disabled and renamed DELETE and DELETE 2. I can't find anything on their calendars from my end. I can't figure out what I'm missing! (Thank you -- as always! -- for your help, Chris!)
How to delete listings 8 replies
Hmm. I had a quick peek at your calendar and all of them have at least some bookings or blocks. If there's anything on the calendar you can't delete the property, only disable it.
Editing my Airbnb listing through OwnerRez?? Can't find where to do it. 6 replies
To change the availability, lead time, and guest verification, you'd do that in the Airbnb channel settings in OwnerRez. Go to Settings > API Integrations, click on the Airbnb channel, and click the change button at the top.
You can't fully disable instant book on Airbnb API, only crank up the verification settings: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb-common-issues-questions#book-now
If you want to disable Airbnb entirely, go to the Airbnb channel in OwnerRez and disable and/or delete it.
Cleaning Notes 1 reply
Right now it's just the date. We have plans to add more cleaning features, but no ETA yet.
You can share access to the main booking notes field with portal users or on the iCal feed if you want.
How to delete listings 8 replies
Yeah, that's where I'd checked and I don't have the Delete option. But I had created these duplicate listings and then immediately realized my error and attempted to delete them. I didn't edit them or push them live or receive any bookings on them. I'm at a loss as to what would have made them so they can't be permanently removed.
Google Tag Manager 2 replies
We have Google Analytics tracking built in -- you don't need to mess with Google Tag Manager.
Instead, enter your Google Analytics Tracking Id following these instructions: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/analytics-tracking
How to delete listings 8 replies
Go to the Properties menu and click on a property. Then look in the sidebar under actions. You'll see Delete and/or Disable there.
If you only see Disable and no Delete, then there's bookings or other info keeping it from being deleted and you can only disable it.
Entering a new property when using API 1 reply
I don't think we have an end to end article with all of the channels, but you basically want to:
1) Add the property
2) Fill out the photos, descriptions, amenities etc
3) Fill out rates
4) Run Tools > Listing Quality Analyzer to see what you missed
Then look at the channel specific articles about adding properties. For example, for HomeAway/Vrbo: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-homeaway-common-issues-questions#newproperty
Credit Card Chargeback Using OwnerRez Digital Signature 2 replies
I personally have not had a chargeback, but I've seen references in the Unofficial OR Support Group on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/702265430182289/) from other owners who have had chargebacks and have won with the digital signature.
Merchant credit card service 2 replies
I'm also a satisfied customer of Lynnbrook, although I've not had any situations that would really require anything special beyond set-up (no chargebacks--yet, anyway).
That said, I've heard good things about Costco's Elavon solution and have been tempted to switch, but honestly I don't do enough volume directly to really make it worth the pain of switching.
Editing my Airbnb listing through OwnerRez?? Can't find where to do it. 6 replies
My settings I need to change are booking availability, booking lead time, I want to turn instant book OFF, I need to require guest verification, and I need to be able to manually block dates.
Actually now that I've edited this post twice, I think I'd honestly just like to disable my Airbnb all together, but I can't do it via the Airbnb site or app because apparently it's controlled by Owner Rez. Help? Thank you!
Cleaning Notes 1 reply
Is it possible to have a text box vs just having a date? or having both?
Google Tag Manager 2 replies
I'm having trouble with setting up google analytics so I went to Fiverr to get help fixing it and they are referring me to Google Tag Manager. They want me to install the code snippet after <header> and <body> but when I open the HTML editor, I don't see this anywhere.
These are the Google Tag Manager instructions I'm trying to follow:
https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/quickstart?authuser=1
Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?
Thanks in advance!
Marco
How to delete listings 8 replies
Hey Paul! I have 2 properties that need to be deleted, which fit your criteria ("just recently created but never used"). I'm not finding a delete option anywhere, though -- can you point me in the right direction?
Entering a new property when using API 1 reply
Is there anywhere that has a step by step on entering a new property. I cannot remember how to do the API things that we have to do.
Rates, year over year 1 reply
Hi,
I used to restrict bookings more than 6 months out or so, and then I had an off-season to update all my rates and rules. But, a lot of renters want to book their next summer's vacation while they're on vacation, or as soon as they come home so I lifted that. Now, I'm running into a few issues.
* Closer to peak, I lift the Sunday to Sunday weeks only restriction. - Now people are instant-booking Saturday to Saturday in 2021.
* People who are booking 2021 are getting 2020 prices.
and I guess I actually have 40 rates (4 cabins all different x 5 seasons x weekend vs. weekday), so updating it is prone to my human error when I change them. Before I got the channel bridge working, I had made a couple mistakes across different websites that cost me several hundred in undercharged rent. I'd love to just bump everything by inflation, since I think my differentials are fair.
What are you doing about updating rates and rules across years?
Best,
-JJ