Feature Requests
Latest Activity...
Field Code for Cell Number 7 replies
I would like this feature also. Like Janice, I use the last 4 digits of the guest's cell as their door lock code.
Field Code for Cell Number 7 replies
Yes, guests usually do supply that number. But, I would like to be able to include their cell number automatically in an email that I send out using a trigger. Otherwise, I have to go to another tab and copy the number, paste it in my email and then send manually. Also, some people just leave the field blank, but I need that number in case I need to contact them during their stay.
Example:
Your reservation information lists your cell number as {guestcellnumber}. Please let us know if this number is not correct since we use the last 4 digits of this number as your door code during your stay.
(wording is off the top of my head... haven't composed the actual yet)
Field Code for Cell Number 7 replies
Dont they supply their phone on reservation?
Field Code for Cell Number 7 replies
I would like to have a field code for guest's cell number. I ask guests to verify their cell number since I use the last 4 digits as their door lock code. It would be helpful to be able to add this field code in email templates, especially if I use a trigger with that template.
Thanks for considering this request.
Wheelhouse 39 replies
I am experimenting with WH too on AirBNB and TA channels. The drawback is that now my WH TA prices do not necessarily match OR prices as I book TA inquiries via OR.
VRBO's New "Security" Feature 15 replies
Yep, we don't do anything automatically to VRBO.
The inquiry import is done via email. Here's an article on that: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/inquiry-import
The calendar import and calendar export are done via iCal and you can set up one without the other. Here's an article on that: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/calendar-sync
Often what you'll do is to set up a booking import from VRBO and only update availability back to them, not all booking info. If you follow the instructions in that article, that's what you'll get.
VRBO's New "Security" Feature 15 replies
Hi Chris,
thanks for the reply. So, can I limit the vice versa ? I don't want owner rez to update vrbo ...
thanks
Lou
VRBO's New "Security" Feature 15 replies
VRBO isn't accepting us to their "PM" integration right now.
What we do have is integration via email parsing (so anything they send you in the inquiry email will show up in OwnerRez). We've also got integration via two way calendar sync, so bookings created in VRBO will show up in OwnerRez and vice versa.
VRBO's New "Security" Feature 15 replies
Has this happened.
Wheelhouse 39 replies
I use AirBnB's smartpricing-gotta be very careful with it
Wheelhouse 39 replies
I am trying WH out on my AirBnB listing. personally not overly impressed as I noticed that they have set some holiday rates lower than I KNOW they could book, and I had to interfere and manually override the price. Overall, i do not think it makes property to book more or earn higher .. I guess my existing rates were already pretty fine tuned...
Cleaning Date 31 replies
I am thinking, as a start, just a cleaning date (doesn't even have to be hooked up to anything) on the booking would be of tremendous value to me as long as I could see it on the bookings listing view.
Glenn
Owner Statement 5 replies
Hi Tammy,
Happy Friday everyone!
I just wanted to drop you a quick note that this is now available.
We released a bunch of QoL features this morning, and this went out with them. When cutting owner statements, you can now enter a date that will filter out future bookings. It looks like this:If you leave it blank, it will work like it does now - all future bookings (that have an owner balance) are included. If you enter a date, it will ignore any bookings that arrive after that date.
-Michelle
rate table widget 8 replies
Wanted to let everyone know that the rates widget has been released: https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/rates-tables-everywhere
Owner Statement 5 replies
@Tammy and ShenRent: Give me a week or two and I'll get this in for you. We've been completely slammed (what else is new?) so I wasn't able to slide it into this week's hotfixes, but I can definitely get this included for you.
Owner Statement 5 replies
Same here actually. We use PM now but being able to limit the statement by booking arrival would be useful to us too
Owner Statement 5 replies
Thanks so much. We turned on PM as a trial, and those two things would make it were would could use it instead of entering things into another system. Any ETA?
Owner Statement 5 replies
@Tammy: Great ideas! There are two great ideas that are separate and we'll implement them both for you. The first is to simply add a criteria option on the Create Statement page that lets you limit the statement to bookings with an arrival date before a certain point (perhaps before the statement date). The second idea is to make the statement Remitting Now column be editable. That way, you can put into the statement exactly what you actually remitted (if you want it to be less) and save the statement with the new values. Great ideas, and I understand exactly the use case you're describing. ~Sam
Owner Statement 5 replies
We run our owner statements monthly, that is how we pay the owner and taxes. So if someone booked Jan-March, we only payout Jan rent at end of Jan. The owner statement remitting now amount is automatically calculated. A work around would be for us to make a separate booking for each month, but payments would not align. Is it possible to have the remitting now amount where it can be modified and saved? The second part of question would be, could it show only bookings that arrived on or before statement date. If someone books in Jan for July, we would rather that not show until July because it could be changed or canceled.
Managing VRBO service fee when entering charges 11 replies
If you use the QuickBooks integration feature, like we do, OwnerRez will put your payments into QuickBooks automatically (as they go up and down). That's a big deal for us. It'll be a cold day in hell when VRBO syncs with QB or does anything else that is, you know, useful.
Managing VRBO service fee when entering charges 11 replies
Do you have VRBO payments? if so, why enter VRBO bookings into ownerrez? You can just import the booking and populate phone/email address of the customer. You payments amounts will be 0 in ownerrez as they are handled in VRBO. That way you can use ownerrez templates for your emails, but payments (and fee) is still handled by VRBO.
Managing VRBO service fee when entering charges 11 replies
Cool stuff.
It would be great if you had a special way to deal with the ridiculous VRBO/HA service fee as it would always be removed from what we actually get out of the down payment.
Thanks for the hard work you guys do.
Managing VRBO service fee when entering charges 11 replies
@Sid: Funny you should mention this. We're right at the tail end of optional surcharges - should be out (as a v1) in a couple days. That will let you report against surcharges in your booking charges and also let guests optionally select things to add-on during quote acceptance. v2 is going to split out Add-Ons as a separate thing, split out Discounts too. So you'll be able to report against those things in your charges.
Managing VRBO service fee when entering charges 11 replies
I currently manually create most of my bookings in OwnerRez because they come from VRBO. When dealing with the charges, I always have to subtract the VRBO service fee from the down payment (their 25% down is not always exactly the same as OwnerRez, sometimes it is off by a penny). It would be great if we could add a line item that is the VRBO service fee that would then be automatically offset by another line.
From there is would be kind of cool to be able to run a report on just how much they are making off of us.
Thanks,
Sid
rate table widget 8 replies
Thanks for that info, Chris. I do see that it makes more sense to have a rate table.
rate table widget 8 replies
I would still rather like rate table widget. That way I can post cleaning fee, tax rate etc as a separate line below the table. But it will give people idea of what rates are by season. Those who charge for extra people can put a line below saying something like 'rate based on X people, extra people is Y per person per night'
rate table widget 8 replies
A nightly rate for each day box can be good, depending on the complexity of your rates. Problem is, a lot of folks have things like cleaning fees, per person fees, minimum stays etc. that aren't really represented well on a nightly rate box. That's why we've steered toward a quote generated based on dates rather than hovering on the calendar.
That works for everything, and its really not more effort to get a quote, because you'd have to click on the calendar a few times in the hover model anyway to get a full quote
rate table widget 8 replies
I have been wanting this feature as well. However, I have also wondered about incorporating the rates into the calendar. I've seen this done on other sites with the nightly rate showing in each day's "box", or the rate appears when you mouse over the day. Maybe there are reasons that this method isn't good? What are your thoughts on this?
rate table widget 8 replies
Yes this would work! I got an email frpm inquirer why the rates on my rates website page were different (by a few $) from the quoted. That it because I cannot keep up updating them in many places :) rate widget would eliminate that issue.
rate table widget 8 replies
Yes, that is planned and in the works. Our Hosted Website feature already includes that in the property page. Here's a live example:
http://www.shenrent.com/echo-valley-farms
(Scroll to bottom)