Feature Requests
Latest Activity...
rate table widget 8 replies
I see there is a rate table appearing under each property, generated from rates and seasons. love it! If it was only possible to export it in a form of a widget! Pllllease.
Payment Schedules 78 replies
Perhaps this exists so please inform me if so! I have many guests who are on payment plans and who also pay by check (yes, they and I remain old-fashioned in that regard!). I would love to be able to capture their payment plans, including due dates and amounts due, so I can more easily track it using OwnerRez reports (as these would be fields I could download to Excel).
The only way I see to schedule a payment now is if the guest is paying by credit card AND that credit card info is on file. As noted above, not all my guests pay by credit card and not all use Stripe (I've had several who insist on PayPal because they already have PayPal accounts - so I don't receive their cc info).
Thanks for any insights!
Jackie N.
Additional listing source options 8 replies
Awesome! I'm obviously learning new things every day about OwnerRez. Appreciate the quick response and glad to know it's something easy for me to add!
Additional listing source options 8 replies
Jackie, you can already do that! Go to Settings > Listing Sites and add a custom listing site (on the right side) for your own website. If you have multiple listing sites, enter them all! Then, everywhere in the system where you track a listing site, select your site. If you have a Book Now/Inquiry widget in your website, make sure that the Listing Site field set to the right one as well so that inquiries and bookings are tracked properly when they're made on your website.
Coupon or discount line in the quote/invoice 26 replies
I would really like to see the ability to provide customers with a coupon code that would provide a discount as well.
Thanks
Additional listing source options 8 replies
Would love to see you add "Repeat Guest" and "Owner Website" as options for listing site sources. Thanks for considering!
Jackie Noble
Simplified Quote for Customer 11 replies
Yeah, that's a great idea for the widget. Maybe we have a "simplify charge descriptions" setting there that collapses the rent together and removes the type from the other surcharges.
I'll note that down in our dev list.
Simplified Quote for Customer 11 replies
Paul G said:
Simpler i.e. :
Rent: $1000
Cleaning: $75
Tax: $1075
Damage Deposit: $300
Total Due: $1375.00
Scratch my bad example's math... HA!
More like this:
Rent: $1000 (166.67 per night)
Cleaning: $75
Tax: $134.38
Damage Deposit: $300
Total Due: $1509.38
Simplified Quote for Customer 11 replies
Would be great to see the system offer a simpler quote to customer when they fill out the Book Now/Inquiry form.
Simpler i.e. :
Rent: $1000
Cleaning: $75
Tax: $1075
Damage Deposit: $300
Total Due: $1375.00
Instead, they get a dizzying difficult to read quote .. see image: https://goo.gl/7lb254
I understand it's partly due to how I have setup my pricing but other major listing sites seem to be able to simplify quote somehow.
just my .02
Thanks!
Paul
Wheelhouse 39 replies
Thanks! Or something like it would be a great plugin for for property managers managing multiple units across multiple channels.
Wheelhouse 39 replies
Hey Randy, thanks for the idea. We'll take a look.
Wheelhouse 39 replies
Any possibility you could work with these guys asap to get integration with OR?
Earn more from your short-term rental
Intelligent pricing software that leverages more than 10 billion data points daily to help your listing earn 10—40% more revenue. Never second-guess your prices again
Whether you're a first-time host or a professional renter with many listings, our powerful software will maximize your income and minimize your stress.
Cleaning Date 31 replies
I had a brief email exchange with Chris about this a month or so ago.
Having some way to show which property, date, and time you have scheduled for cleaning would be great. The pinned idea would certainly work. One thought is that some of us use more than one cleaner so having the "pin" be able to be customized, like flags in Mac Mail, would be great.
The ability to search for all scheduled cleanings by a specific cleaner would really be helpful.
Thanks so much!
Cleaning Date 31 replies
Hi Glenn,
It just occurred to me that nobody ever answered you on this!! I did read it the other day. I understand completely what you're after. We have an "Events" feature on the back burner that we'll release at some point. It's more or less kinda sort what you're looking for. Basically you can add "pinned" events to the calendar that can (optionally) make bookings not be available depending on the event type. This will remind you where events occur and help with booking workflow. You could create housekeeping events for sure.
Cleaning Date 31 replies
Hi I am not sure if you take development requests in this forum or not, but I have been thinking about an addition that would make a big difference for me.
Firstly I do have to say that I continue to love OwnerRez. Although a lot of my bookings come though VRBO (trying to slowly change that will my own web pages, etc) I still put every reservation - even manually - onto OwnerRez. I am happy to pay the extra $5/reservation just for the great tools that exist to manage the guest (automated emails, custom fields, good reporting, etc).
One thing that would be an outstanding addition to a booking would be the inclusion of a cleaning date. Yes I know that we can create a custom field and populate it with a cleaning date, but a real date (+time) field attached to the booking would be awesome.
I have done some thinking about this, and the cleaning date could help in driving the availability calendar. I would guess that I am like most hosts who schedule a cleaning after the departure of a guest. Sometimes the cleaners can get in immediately following the guest departure and sometimes it may be a few days later (based on their availability). Obviously if the cleaners cannot get in to clean until a few days later, the property should not be available for bookings and should reflect that in the booking calendar (internally and exposed via ics to other apps).
Perhaps a design could go something like this:
- One the dates tab for a booking, include a date for cleaning, a start time, and a duration
- The start date and time could be defaulted from the checkout time of the booking
- The duration (in hours) could be from a default for the property
- The user could change the date/time/duration as needed. The system will give an error if the cleaning time conflicts with the current booking or if it conflicts with the next downstream booking
- A checkbox beside the cleaning date would allow the user to extend the unavailability of the property to the calculated end time of the cleaning.
- For example if the guest is scheduled to check out on a Tuesday at say 10:00am, but the cleaner cannot clean until say Thursday at 7:00am, then the property would be unavailable (via that booking) until check-in time Thursday afternoon. I suggested a checkbox, because some users may not want to use the functionality
Thoughts?
This would really help eliminate a lot of manual work and manual blocks on my availability calendar. It would also hopefully allow me to send an easy report to my cleaner so that she can ensure her records match with mine.
rate table widget 8 replies
I know this been discussed before, but several people on "say no to VRBO fee" FB group were discussing ownerrez and also were asking if there is a rate table widget (that can be imbedded in a website).
I thought that this is not that important, because there is a quote/book widget, right? Apparently not so. In absence of rate table widget, I have created manually a rate table and added to my property website page. Well since I have google analytics, I see that people do click on that page a lot, even though they have quote/book widget readily available. Was wondering if this is in the works? Thanks
Reporting? 6 replies
When I log on to the State web site to file taxes the end of each month,
I need to put the Net amount of sales in the form -- when I do that, the
tax is figured by their data base.
Each month before I log in, I print out from the bank the report of
amount deposited and the reports from the web sites to show amounts sent -
which I compare and reconcile. Then I figure the amount of tax -
deduct that from the total to get the net - which is the amount to
record on the form. Tax is figured - discount deducted for timely reporting,
and I submit payment.
It would be easier for me if the Sales Tax Report had the amount of Sales as well as
the amount of tax due for the month.
Thank you, Mary Jane
Quoted amount breakdown for guests 2 replies
A see details slider would work perfectly.
Quoted amount breakdown for guests 2 replies
Currently, there's no way to show the the breakdown unless they click forward with Book Now to get the full quote. We have considered before adding a "See Details" link right there that slides down the detail. Sounds like that's what you're looking for.
Coupon or discount line in the quote/invoice 26 replies
Yes, you can enter negative items directly into quotes. You can do negative flat amounts (-50.00) or negative percentages (-10%). They both work.
Coupon codes are on the dev roadmap already, but we haven't been able to get to them yet.
A search feature in the forum? 2 replies
Ah, OK. I was looking all over the forum pages and didn't see one there. I didn't think to back up to support.
A search feature in the forum? 2 replies
I believe that the search bar in the Support area does actually search blog and forum posts as well as support articles. We are working on these areas to really fill them out better. Try searching from the Support area:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support
Quoted amount breakdown for guests 2 replies
When guests get an instant quote on the inquiry form (love it!), they get shown an aggregate number that is all inclusive. Is there any way they could be shown a breakdown of this number based on what they will owe (rent, tax, cleaning, fees, etc.)?
A search feature in the forum? 2 replies
It would be great to be able to search topics on the forum so we don't ask you the same questions over and over.
Coupon or discount line in the quote/invoice 26 replies
Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to be able to enter a negative line item to the quote for things like discounts or coupons. There may already be a way to do this but I couldn't see it. I had extended a $50 coupon to one of my guests and would like to log it in like this.
rent
tax
cleaning
coupon
total
It would be handy to be able to extend a coupon code to guests too so they could enter it when making a payment.
Cheers,
Nancy
Reports -- Home state of guest 8 replies
Great idea, Whisperwind!
Reports -- Home state of guest 8 replies
Being near the border --
guests come from Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana --
have had a few from other states also--
would be nice to have a report for that.
Employee / Housekeeping Login 4 replies
There is currently only one login per account.
However, you can create a custom iCal feed for each property, and control what's exposed through that feed. You can include guest info and booking notes etc. there.
If the housekeeper adds those iCal's to her Google calendar or other calendar app, she'll be able to see all of those details, read-only, without access to any other things in the system.
Employee / Housekeeping Login 4 replies
Is there any way for you to make a login to OR for my housekeeper that allows only selected parts of OR? I would like for her to see the booking calendar and notes sometimes but really don't want her to see my revenue, reports and so on.
A couple for the wish list 3 replies
As soon as you enter a booking (even for historical data) the person will start showing up as "Repeat Guest". Give it a try and you'll see what I mean. That's assuming their email address is the same between bookings of course. So even for old/historical entry, it will still work.