General Help and Questions
Latest Activity...
airbnb adds pet fees 7 replies
ah, this will make life much easier - hopefully the integrations works
Can't add to Airbnb "move pin closer to your address" error 1 reply
Anyone get an error when adding a property to Airbnb via OR
"Error connecting property - please move the pin closer to your address to continue"
It's an address that doesn't exist in google maps correctly (the road is not even present). I put the address in and the pin drop is a few KM's away on the mountain. That doesn't work for loading. I then do a manual pin drop where it really is, and that doesn't work either. Anyone have any suggestions?
The damage protection tab is gone from my bookings pages. Is this a glitch? 2 replies
OR still shows that each of my homes is covered by damage protection. And bills me for the policies. But the tab (a host clicks on to submit a claim) is suddenly gone from each individual booking page. Is this a glitch or a problem I need to solve? I don't need to submit a claim, but I just noticed this morning that I couldn't if I wanted to. Thank you for your help in this matter.
airbnb adds pet fees 7 replies
Airbnb now includes Pet and Cleaning fees. I see that my cleaning fee has transferred over, but not my pet fees..or so it seems. Airbnb shows pets stay free and tells me all fees are imported via OR. Apparently not all.
Inquiries for both VRBO and Airbnb 1 reply
Unfortunately, at present there is not, because Vrbo doesn't yet support integration into their internal messaging system. We're working with them on making this possible, hopefully it'll be available next year.
Configured Owner Rez - Both Airbnb and VRBO show my listing as "unlisted" 1 reply
This is most likely caused by attempting to make the connection before first configuring your property data in OwnerRez, or importing it using this tool:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/listing-content-import
Try doing that and see if it helps. Otherwise, you can write in to the Helpdesk for specific assistance.
Inquiries for both VRBO and Airbnb 1 reply
I specifically moved to OwnerRez because I was told I could communicate using 1 platform, Now it seems that is not true. I get no messages or inquiries for VRBO and only messages with Airbnb. Is there a way to do this using different credentials?
Configured Owner Rez - Both Airbnb and VRBO show my listing as "unlisted" 1 reply
Configured Owner Rez - Both Airbnb and VRBO show my listing as "unlisted". There is no option to change the status to listed. This happened right after I started configuring Owner Rez.
Cleaning Date 5 replies
This is a very old thread, and a lot has changed since it was last updated... Most importantly, we've decided not to add any more cleaning tracking features to OwnerRez. This is because we now partner with several other systems that do an excellent job of this:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/housekeeping-service-connections-overview
So it doesn't make sense for us to duplicate their work.
Cleaning Date 5 replies
Agreed. We are still waiting for the ability to simply see the cleaning date. No need to block. Simply a color shade would work...that has no ramifications. We just need a "Marker" of some sort.
VRBO API not working? 1 reply
I'm seeing some Vrbo error messages I've not seen before. I'd recommend reaching out to their IPM tech support team to figure out what's going on and get your account unlocked. Then, write in to our Helpdesk so we can take a look from our end.
VRBO API not working? 1 reply
About 6 weeks ago I connected to VRBO via API. It all looked fine.
When I click on API settings I get the connected status. However when I click on it I see there is a sync pending. Next to that it says Synced: Never.
So I'm guessing something is wrong. I've tried the quick connect integration and it falls over half way through. I've also tried the channel bridge and that just gives me the message 'An error has occurred'.
I've tried to work through it so many times now that I've got a message saying my account is locked for my safety.
Any suggestions or help would be gratefully received.
Calendar widget shows rates on unavailable/ blocked dates 2 replies
Ken T said:
Can you send this in to the Helpdesk, with a URL and screenshot?Sent, thanks
Calendar widget shows rates on unavailable/ blocked dates 2 replies
Can you send this in to the Helpdesk, with a URL and screenshot?
Calendar widget shows rates on unavailable/ blocked dates 2 replies
I thought this was fixed before. But now I see calendar widget shows rates on blocked/booked dates. I do not believe it should. Like the dates blocked beyond X months show some default low rates. If I unclick show rates, it removed rates even from available dates.
run reports to see historical payment info from disabled properties 21 replies
Please! This is such a huge bug to fix! PMs need to be able to quickly show their annual revenue without re-enabling properties. It is both a waste of time and a stress to have to do so. This should be a simple fix. Please, please!
Mobile format 7 replies
Are you referring to system alerts or system messages. ie. emails from OR to you; or, emails from you to the guest? Both should be displayed reasonably on mobile browsers; we've recently been working over that. Email alerts from OR in particular now use a mobile-friendly design.
If you have a specific example of a recent one that is bad, please send a screenshot in to the Helpdesk - perhaps we missed one. :-/
Mobile format 7 replies
Update the quote and email format so that it’s a better fit for mobile devices. The emails come with different font sizes, the footing is really big and the logo is stretched out.
Orphaned Customers in QuickBooks Online 4 replies
Thanks for the nudge. I'll add this to an upcoming meeting to discuss internally.
Css and widgets 1 reply
Hi Lacey,
The Book Now widget requires the contact field (name, email, etc) in order to send in an inquiry or do a Book Now because it creates a quote or inquiry record with that information. There is no way to get the widget to work if you hide those fields because the buttons will require that information.
Host Protection Options - Rental Guardian vs SuperHog 1 reply
SuperHog is a relatively new integration, but we have a discussion of its features and advantages here:
https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/integration-with-superhog
Perhaps other clients can discuss their experiences here in this Forum thread?
Host Protection Options - Rental Guardian vs SuperHog 1 reply
I see that SuperHog is an integration option. I have been using Rental Guardian's accidental damage product with my bookings for peace of mind, but I'm really intrigued with the SuperHog product which appears to provide the ADW service plus some Damage to a Hosts property caused by Guests, Damage to a Hosts belongings caused by Guests
Your Hosts legal responsibility for bodily injury to a Guest, and host protection with legal responsibility for damage to common areas caused by Guests. I haven't examined the details, but assume your team is aware with this integration. Any insights to share?
Auto response to common questions 4 replies
Hi Sunchic,
I see what you mean, and actually, we already do have something like that.
If you're on guest conversation page, your SMS and Airbnb templates will show in the dropdown to the right below the message box (labeled "Use Template"). If you are sending an email to a guest from the booking, the template dropdown is in the blue bar at the top. In either case, you can select any template you want from the dropdown, which will then fill in the message box.
So if you want to set up "canned" responses, just configure them as templates. You don't have to create a trigger for every template.
Auto response to common questions 4 replies
Doesn't have to be fully automated. That could be a choice. Providing pre-written canned responses for commonly asked questions doesn't require an auto response. What's my wifi code, check in/out, etc, how late is the resort club open, etc. Not complex. Could be configured by the user to allow for auto response. Middle ground could be assisted, but it's a productivty benefit to the user and response time for the guest if designed right.
Auto response to common questions 4 replies
At present no, and I don't think that's likely in the near future. Speaking personally, I don't believe I've ever encountered such a system that accomplished anything more than infuriating me with its irrelevant and useless answers. Machine responses, alas, work better in the movies than in the real world. :-/
Orphaned Customers in QuickBooks Online 4 replies
Any progress on this? Seems like a quick fix: If all customer information is equal (address, phone, email, even invoice number), then the FIRST NAME Customer shall be merged with the FIRST NAME, LAST NAME Customer.
Please consider doing this. It takes me an awful long time to merge these orphaned customers!!!
Auto response to common questions 4 replies
Is there a way to configure OwnerRez to do this? For example, guests that ask "What's your wifi code? Even if the system isn't intelligent/trained to suggest a response or even automatically respond, can it have common canned responses available with a drop down to pull up to reply? I could see this saving time on things like the wifi, forgot my door code, check in/out times, driving directions, what's near me, etc?
Property sharing 13 replies
When you ask to join their property share, that automatically appears in their control panel to approve, so they should be aware that you are wanting to join.
Property sharing 13 replies
And how do i get in touch with the property that I'm sharing with to make sure we are on same page for widgets?
Assigning photos to rooms & accessibility features 1 reply
Unfortunately, no. This is a limitation from the channels (eg. Airbnb) that accept photo <-> room linkage. They only allow one photo to one room. The way around this is to upload another photo of the same room from a different angle (or maybe zoomed in) about that feature so that you can then tag the other room or amenity.