General Help and Questions
Latest Activity...
Dashboard? 4 replies
It's under Reports - the very topmost one, in fact. :-)
Unused custom field definitions - is there any way to identify? 2 replies
I am sure I have some defunct custom field definitions that are no longer needed due to OR enhancements covering the same functionality. Is there any way to run a report (or forecast of sorts) to see which ones are used or unused? Thanks
Dashboard? 4 replies
Where do you find the daily checklist? I searched for it in the help section and couldn't find any info on where to find this, as I'd be interested in this as well. I'd suggest putting this info below the fold on the bookings page. If you use a big screen, as I do, there is a large amount of blank real estate that could be used as an ideal dashboard to visualize your schedule and tasks of your team.
Processing fees being removed 8 replies
I’m so glad I found this thread. I was quite confused by this as I thought it referred to the processing fees you enter when entering a guest payment. The announcement and support article was not at all clear.
HTG/ HomeToGo integration 21 replies
Same here, last email we got from them stating "Our Connectivity Team will be in touch with you shortly." was from 18 December, they must be busy decorating the Christmas tree :)
HTG/ HomeToGo integration 21 replies
Got OOO reply that they are out till 28th which was yesterday. Will see if they respond soon.
HTG/ HomeToGo integration 21 replies
Hmm. Are you able to reach out to your HTG rep to get it?
HTG/ HomeToGo integration 21 replies
I do not have HTG ID?
HTG/ HomeToGo integration 21 replies
Just wanted to follow up on this - my understanding is that you needed to put the HomeToGo property ID under the HomeToGo channel settings in OwnerRez.
Security Deposit 1 reply
Alas, you can't - that's a hole in our process. :-( You have to adjust the main Charges, and then issue a refund against that in the usual way.
Expedia 9 replies
Likely not, as they are part of the same company that is HomeAway, Vrbo, CanadaStays, and many other brands. They've been consolidating into one main API connection, and we think most likely that'll happen someday to Expedia too.
As it is, if you are using our Vrbo API, your properties are eligible for Expedia listing:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/instant-book-vs-request-to-book#havrbo
How do you force a sync? 1 reply
Yes, but normally this is not necessary. Uploading photos can take awhile, even overnight in the case of Vrbo. Check back tomorrow, and if they haven't updated by them, we can look into it.
Security Deposit 1 reply
I retained some security deposit from a guest due to some pool issues. We have now negotiated and I want to return the security deposit to him. How do I do that?
AirBNB hold visible to guests? 3 replies
Airbnb doesn't necessarily create real holds anymore.
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb-common-issues-questions#secdeps
Processing fees being removed 8 replies
Here's a discussion of that question:
https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new-last-quarter-cleanup#ccfees
Expedia 9 replies
Would you consider to add Expedia as a direct API Channel?
How do you force a sync? 1 reply
We just uploaded a bunch of new photos to our OR listing and are still patiently waiting for them to update on the OTAs.
Is there a way to force a sync?
Thanks in advance.
AirBNB hold visible to guests? 3 replies
This is specifically what came up Chris. I went to do a test run to book, I don't see anything indicating a security hold. I had read the link you sent above earlier today. "Host-required security deposits
Some hosts require a security deposit for their listing. The amount, between $100 and $5,000, is set by the host, not by Airbnb. If you’re a guest and you’re booking a listing with a host-required security deposit, you’ll be shown this amount before you make your reservation." I am not seeing that information being provided to guests although that is the intent.
AirBNB hold visible to guests? 3 replies
I assume guests are told of any holds during the check-out process on Airbnb.
There are help articles on Airbnb's site you can refer guests to if they have questions. Here are some: https://www.airbnb.com/help/topic/1357/security-deposits
AirBNB hold visible to guests? 3 replies
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/security-deposit-holds#airbnb-holds
I did read this article, I am on API. Where will guests be told by AirBNB that a hold will be placed on their card?
Processing fees being removed 8 replies
I dont see any way to add a processing surcharge under payment types... is this an old feature? If so why did it go away, seems useful.
Processing fees being removed 8 replies
I dont see any way to add a processing surcharge under payment types... is this an old feature? If so why did it go away, seems useful.
Guest instant booked on Airbnb for 21 nights despite my 28-night minimum. How? 2 replies
Thanks, Ken, I will.
Guest instant booked on Airbnb for 21 nights despite my 28-night minimum. How? 2 replies
I see that you did change the base rules for your property - but it's being overridden by the min-nights settings of your Seasons:
https://app.ownerrez.com/seasons
Always check Tools > Rate Calendar - it will show what actual rates and min-nights are being pushed after all the various settings are considered each in turn.
BTW, I notice a few other suggestions in your account, if you want to write in to the Helpdesk for a review.
Can I filter out 1-3 star reviews on the widget for my website? 4 replies
No, but that's not a bad idea - why not post it as a suggestion in that forum?
https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/requests
Guest instant booked on Airbnb for 21 nights despite my 28-night minimum. How? 2 replies
Hi there. So, I am fairly new to using API, so I'm not sure where the error is occurring.
My city just basically eliminated my short-term rental, along with 121 others. As of January 1, I cannot rent for less than 28 nights. I changed the minimum nights at the property level, and have the preference for my listings using the property rules.
Nevertheless, a guest just instant booked for 21 nights on Airbnb next September. How?
Can someone tell me what I should check?
Can I filter out 1-3 star reviews on the widget for my website? 4 replies
Great. Thanks, Ken.
Any way to add a rule to have reviews under a threshold hidden automatically?
HTG/ HomeToGo integration 21 replies
I saw a link to HTG integration info, and submitted a form for a trial run. However, it asks for HTG mapping - I do not have one as I do not have properties on HTG (or rather have them as vrbo listing).
Received automated response:
Thank you for completing HomeToGo's Connection and Commercial Agreement. Please make sure your properties are activated for HomeToGo so that we can start the integration process. Our Connectivity Team will be in touch with you shortly.
So how do I get HTG listings? confused.
Can I filter out 1-3 star reviews on the widget for my website? 4 replies
Any reviews in OwnerRez that you don't want displayed, you can simply Hide them - check the box to the left in the CRM > Reviews display, and click the Hide button at the top.
Can I filter out 1-3 star reviews on the widget for my website? 4 replies
Also is it possible to limit the review widget to a specific width and height or tell it how many reviews you want to display per page?