General Help and Questions
Latest Activity...
OTA and Book Direct Prices 3 replies
I'm looking for some thoughts on dealing with book direct pricing.
If a guest comes from an OTA and then gets in touch to book direct there is an opportunity to increase the payment.
Typically I want to charge the guest 50% of the ota mark up. The guest is happy as they are paying less than the ota and I get a bit more revenue, all good and we both win.
But how to deal with this in owner rez?. Currently I adjust the price in price labs, sync with OR and generate a quote.
The website would need to show the same price as a quote for consistency so I cant really just add a line item to a quote.
How do others deal with this?
UK style dates 12 replies
As an Australian OR user (& knowing there is a growing user base that would prefer the Dd/mm/yy date format), I have been nearly ‘caught’ a couple of times with the us date format on the internal side - can that be made optional too ?
Will someone Zoom with me to set up emails? 10 replies
Where are you up to with the library of training videos ? This will be incredibly helpful not only for newcomers but for refreshing knowledge and continuing to implement more or good stuff
Will someone Zoom with me to set up emails? 10 replies
I just wanted to say thank you to the Facebook group ‘people’ - I get a lot of help and quiet support from it
Text message alerting inquiry 4 replies
Did this feature ever eventuate?
Beach house for 10 1 reply
alison c said:
I am desperately searching for a beach house the week of July 18 through the 25th for 10 people. We had reservations in the owners canceled on us. Help please!wrong forum?
Surcharge Error 1 reply
Yep, Airbnb only supports a single guest fee, and it applies to all guests -- there is no way to do criteria like you can for direct bookings.
You can read more about what's allowed on Airbnb rate settings in these articles:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb-common-issues-questions#surcharges
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-rate-fee-differences
Surcharge Error 1 reply
It appears that adding more than one surcharge for Adults, Children, Guests, etc is causing issues in the AirBnb API integration. Originally, I set a surcharge for "Adults" over 4, and it seemed to work fine. But I started getting people with lots of children and wanted to include an additional surcharge, but only have it kick in after 6 total guests. So I made another surcharge that kicked in for "Guests" over 6. The idea being that 5 adults would trigger the "Adults over 4" surcharge, but 4 adults and 2 children wouldn't incur an extra fee. However, if someone had 4 adults and 3 children, then the overall 6 "Guest" surcharge would kick in.
However, when I added the second surcharge for guests, AirBnb stopped enforcing my Adults over 4 surcharge, and instead, only enforced the Guests over 6 surcharge. I set the Position on the two surcharges so the Adults over 4 charge would come first, but that didn't have any effect.
I guess I can't use both surcharges if I want it to work with AirBnb?
Rental agreement - is there a way to make guest initial every page or important paragraph? 33 replies
Paul W said:
Some discussion going on on this side in recent weeks about renter agreements... All design at this point - not scheduled for dev - but we'd like to do the following:- make the guest pick a signature font up front like DocuSign and HelloSign do
- have them agree, when picking their sig, that they agree to an eSign process
- add legal "callouts" that they first read which are plain text paragraphs that are each of the main bullet points that stand out: cancellation, pets, extra guests... all the important stuff
- they have to check, initial or both to all of these
- the entire agreement is then rendered with the callout bullets in the middle and their intials on it as an image
- they have to "slide down" the page and sign each page and/or the very bottom
- add a final metadata page about the booking, guest and dates. We've seen where DocuSign, HelloSign and the others do this. It helps formalize the chain of events
We believe this would vastly improve the RA's. Thoughts?
absolutely! This will eliminate most of "we thought" emails. " we thought" your cancellation policy is 30 days (when they signed and it is 60), "we thought" you will refund ("where it says no refunds), etc etc. Cannot wait! I have several areas that absolutely require initial (such as fire-sprinkler system, hot tub addendum, no pets, etc). Thus will vastly improve the flow and I will not have to have custom fields upfront.
Rental agreement - is there a way to make guest initial every page or important paragraph? 33 replies
Great! Looking forward To this. I remember, way back, when I asked you guys to have them go the the Rental Agreement Page and sign before they moved to the payment. Wish I could help more again. Taking care of my 5 year old granddaughter is very t8me consuming. You guys are doing a GREAT job! Thank you for your continued work. Very fortunate to have you all!
Turn off Instant booking for only one property with integration 5 replies
I just was reading the Airbnb website and found this:
"Booking policies
Any listing that you create through your software is pre-set to Instant Book. If your software supports it, you can turn on a Request to Book option for inquiries that are past your booking lead time."
Not sure if thats a new option that they made available
Turn off Instant booking for only one property with integration 5 replies
I also have run into this issue in the past and so never switched to API. Is it possible? Some of our owners prefer to have us let them know of a request before accepting.
Or is it possible to do API connection for only some of the airbnb properties on the same account?
Turn off Instant booking for only one property with integration 5 replies
I have found this for VRBO. I have not found how to do this for AirBNB.
Turn off Instant booking for only one property with integration 5 replies
I need to turn off instant booking and get more screening for a property. I would like to do this for only one property. Can this be done?
Beach house for 10 1 reply
I am desperately searching for a beach house the week of July 18 through the 25th for 10 people. We had reservations in the owners canceled on us. Help please!
Rental agreement - is there a way to make guest initial every page or important paragraph? 33 replies
Yes please!!
The bank did not approve this request. Details: Duplicate Transaction 1 reply
Please write in to the Helpdesk, with the ORB number of the booking, and we'll take a look.
What is the criteria OR uses to label a guest as Repeat? 7 replies
Hi there,
You mentioned in this post that some sort of alert for repeat guests was coming soon. Does this exist yet? If not, is it on the horizon?
The bank did not approve this request. Details: Duplicate Transaction 1 reply
I'm trying to hold a part of a guest's security deposit but receive this error when submitting the release.
The booking was through VRBO.
I haven't done this before. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Best Way to Transition from Another Channel Manager 1 reply
There aren't *automatic* tools, but you can import their data using our Excel templates:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/importing-outside-bookings
Best Way to Transition from Another Channel Manager 1 reply
I am currently using YourPorter but an trying to switch to OR. I have imported my calendars from Airbnb and VRBO but I wondered is there an automated way to import direct bookings that were created in my other Channel Manager or do I have to recreate them in OR?
OwnerRez App 5 replies
That sounds great Paul. Look forward to that addition.
OwnerRez App 5 replies
@Chris: You're right about certain things like push notifications or camera integration (for cleaning checklists) though camera stuff can actually be done with regular web app. To bridge the gap on push notifications, we've kicked around the idea of having System Alerts go from email to text (or both) so that you get a text message instantly for certain things. That would help and make it so we didn't spend huge amounts of resources on a native app when 90% of what a native app would do is already in the web app.
Use of {BCHECKIN} and {BCHECKOUT} 4 replies
@Jennifer: On the property rules. Find a property > drill in > Rules tab > Change button > scroll down.
Use of {BCHECKIN} and {BCHECKOUT} 4 replies
Where do I change the check in and check out time that is used by {BCHECKIN} and {BCHECKOUT}?
OwnerRez App 5 replies
With Airbnb channel messaging integration (and hopefully HomeAway--sorry, Vrbo--and others coming soon), I think the need for an app has increased greatly as I can foresee using OR in place of the native AB/HA/etc. apps and moving away from relying on email notifications and instead relying on app push notifications for things like inquiries/booking notifications/messaging notifications/etc. I know it's not a cheap/simple process, but there's a lot of value in it, especially now.
What is Pricing Consistency with VRBO? 1 reply
If you are already using our API connection, don't worry about it, you're already compliant.
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-homeaway-common-issues-questions#price-consistency
Best Practices for creating owner statements 0 replies
I am hoping to learn from others on the best practices of creating owner statements.
I am currently doing them monthly. I am not sure the best way to deal with bookings that overlap dates.
When you generate statements, what "booked range" and "expense range" do you like to have selected?
What is Pricing Consistency with VRBO? 1 reply
What is Pricing Consistency with VRBO?
I received an email that went into why its good, why it's required, but it never defined what 'price consistency' means or gave any examples. If we have API integration, are we already compliant?
OwnerRez App 5 replies
Interesting. I do not miss not having an app in the least. Have too many apps on my phone already. I think what OR has works just fine. JMO.