Feature Requests
Latest Activity...
Allow for true owner signature of rental agreements 4 replies
OK - I was also commenting on whether the guests should have my signature before they even signed and/or fulfilled the other requirements such as timely payments.
Allow for true owner signature of rental agreements 4 replies
For direct bookings, the guest will sign the agreement during the reservation process. If you want to turn that off you can, and then not give them the rental agreement to sign until they have completed everything else. Same thing for channel bookings, give them the signing link as the last step once you've got everything else completed from them.
Allow for true owner signature of rental agreements 4 replies
Hmm. For my long term rentals, I don't present them with a signed agreement until they are paid, all requirements met, and they signed. Technically now, they have my signature even if they are deficient in some way.
Or am I missing something here? I want their signature as part of the process with payments made, all required guest signatures collected, govt ID presented, etc. I don't want them to have my signature first...?
Quickbooks Desktop 11 replies
Yep, it is a tradeoff between price and convenience for sure. There's a lot of time savings with being able to log in from anywhere and share with multiple users, so you've got to factor that into the equation. And a lot of people use QBO just because its the de facto standard -- nobody every got fired for buying IBM and all that. I'd bet they have a bulk discount for several companies at once, maybe something through their Accountant program.
There are others like https://www.waveapps.com/ and https://www.xero.com/us/ that some folks use, with different features compared to QBO. I've used both of those for smaller companies and they worked great.
Allow for true owner signature of rental agreements 4 replies
The best way is to brand the RA with your signature. You already agree to it obviously, so then you just need the guest signature.
Another alternative is to use the Request e-Signature link yourself to sign a copy of the agreement (and make sure not to update the guest contact info). Then you'll have two separate signed copies, one for your signature and one for the guest's signature.
Quickbooks Desktop 11 replies
Don't use it currently, but are there any quality cheap QB alternatives?
Allow for true owner signature of rental agreements 4 replies
My rental agreement states the RA isn't binding until both guest and owner sign and guest makes initial payment. How can I as owner sign the document?
Would like to have a method as the owner to electronically sign, so that it looks similar to the info captured for the guest (time/date stamp + IP address)
Quickbooks Desktop 11 replies
I'm curious how anyone would choose to use QB online. When I've looked at pricing it's $30/month for a year, then $60/month afterwards, and those prices are per entity.
I use quickbooks desktop for 3 entities, so my eventual cost would be $180/month which is vastly more than the cost of QB desktop (maybe $125/year with updgrading every other year)
Tax Setting 8 replies
I think homeaway did an A/B test on this
Tax Setting 8 replies
fwiw - I'm of the opinion that showing the multiple lines for taxes is a benefit. Few guests would ever know the tax rates, and seeing a large number like 12.7% probably leads some people to think the number is inflated. Whereas seeing each line item lends credibility because it's very specific, and checkable if anyone wants to do that.
Not arguing, this is in the grey zone for figuring out how guests think, just my $.02 contribution ;-)
Tax Setting 8 replies
For sure. Thanks for the nudge, Adam.
Tax Setting 8 replies
I would like to revive this and say that this feature is still needed. Simplifying the entire experience for guests is always best.
Quickbooks Desktop 11 replies
No current plans for direct integration with QuickBooks desktop. We do have some users doing that by using the booking, payment, line item/lineitem pivot detail reports, exporting them to Excel, and then importing to QuickBooks desktop.
Quickbooks Desktop 11 replies
Is there a plan to integrate with desktop? The article I read said online only.
Cleaning Date 31 replies
No firm ETA on that yet. Thanks for checking back, but it was delayed because of some other ongoing dev work. SMS as well.
Timed Automations 4 replies
Hi Fenwick,
You an have it sent any number of DAYS before arrival (or after created or departure) but triggers are sent once per day. We are working on adding hour of the day and time zone support so that you can fine-tune when they are sent. The current trigger time goes out about 3 am EST every morning. It does not try again until 3am the next day.
Cleaning Date 31 replies
When will the housekeeping module be available? Housekeeping reports are important! SMS notifications would work great.
Timed Automations 4 replies
Did you study the triggers section?
Timed Automations 4 replies
Can you have it sent at a certain time or just 1 day before. Some guests only stay for 1 day so I don't want them receiving both emails at the same time.
Timed Automations 4 replies
I send my check out reminder email 1 day before departure. Trigger by time "1 day before booking departed".
minor request - Br floor 2 replies
Could be, but still good to have direct bookings/hosted website in view.
You concatenate two fields in the title of the bedroom, perhaps that is a way to include floor?
Timed Automations 4 replies
I would love to be able to send an email just after checkin time and I would like to send an email early morning as a reminder of check out instructions. Is this a possibility as I know you were working on it before.
Thanks
minor request - Br floor 2 replies
That's a good idea... however, putting it into the name like you're doing will transfer over to OTA's while a custom field we add wouldn't.
minor request - Br floor 2 replies
Whether or not OTAs use it, for Rooms and Accommodations page - would be nice to have a Floor field/drop-down for Bedrooms and Bathrooms. This is a significant issue to disabled and older folks and it seems like a major aspect of a BR/BA...
I find myself typing it into the heading for each...
Bookings Calendar Feature 3 replies
Yep, and a couple more ways:
- Go to the Year calendar view on bookings and choose "Color by listing site"
- Go to the Ribbon calendar view on bookings, filter it, and you can pick a specific listing site and the ones that don't match will show faded out
Bookings Calendar Feature 3 replies
I see the ability to filter in Listing and Ribbon, but not in Month, which to me is a much better visual.
Bookings Calendar Feature 3 replies
You can display them color coded. each channel different color. will that work? You can also go to Bookings > List, select filter, and filter by booking site
Bookings Calendar Feature 3 replies
In the Booking Calender, I'd like to see my bookings per channel - so I can strip out any or all except one channel. Does this feature already exist, and I just don't know how to access it?
Link for cleaner to confirm cleaning is scheduled 10 replies
Hi Crystal, we've been delayed on the housekeeping module but you can set the Cleaning Date on the booking. Booking > Info tab > Change > set cleaning date. That then shows up in other places in the app.
Link for cleaner to confirm cleaning is scheduled 10 replies
Has any of this been made possible? How do you add the cleaning date confirmation info info the booking?
Thanks
Crystal
Moon Curser Vineyards