General Help and Questions
Latest Activity...
Breezeway API 1 reply
Was chatting with Breezeway recently and it sounds like this integration is on tap for later in 2022. In the meantime, there's a work around if we want to start using OR/Breezewway with our cleaners - any idea how well that work around works?
Summary page for contracts/deposits 3 replies
That is exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated!
For the CC piece - I was used the "Security Deposit Status" - "none" - is that the best filter to see if there's a CC on file?
Booking.com Integration 19 replies
Hey Randy
Did BDC ever authorize you to collect payments? I set up one property a few months ago and finally got a completed booking and can see I am collecting the CCs, in adding my second one, they are saying it's not approved to collect. Weird
How often does Ownerrez sync with Airbnb and Vrbo via API integration? 3 replies
Airbnb syncs near-instantly. Vrbo, it depends - calendar updates are within a few minutes, but photo updates can take overnight.
It can take a few days for a new Vrbo API integration to fully shake out and update OwnerRez, but if something still seems stuck after a bit, write in to the Helpdesk to take a look.
How often does Ownerrez sync with Airbnb and Vrbo via API integration? 3 replies
1. How often does Ownerrez sync with Airbnb and Vrbo via API integration?
2. Vrbo just informed me that API integration is completed but Ownerrez still shows Vrbo API as "Integration in process". I triggered a full sync with Vrbo manually and it has been more than 1 hour but the status is still "sync pending". What should I do?
Coupon code / pay by check discount 4 replies
Hmm. Please write in to the Helpdesk with a specific example of a booking that didn't work as expected.
Sent! Thanks
Summary page for contracts/deposits 3 replies
Not exactly, but, you can go to the main Bookings display screen, choose List view, and use the Filters to find bookings that have/have not signed the contract, provided a credit card, etc.
Coupon code / pay by check discount 4 replies
Hmm. Please write in to the Helpdesk with a specific example of a booking that didn't work as expected.
Coupon code / pay by check discount 4 replies
I don't believe so, but, don't you yourself have to apply the discount for payments by check or Zelle, so you could enforce the restriction yourself?
No, I have it defined as self-select (optional) discount.
Coupon code / pay by check discount 4 replies
I don't believe so, but, don't you yourself have to apply the discount for payments by check or Zelle, so you could enforce the restriction yourself?
Summary page for contracts/deposits 3 replies
Is there a summary page I can see all my upcoming reservations across all properties and see who has signed the rental contract/provided CC info for security hold etc? Right now I have to go into each reservation and check each guest separately, as well as track which are outstanding etc.
Calendar Sync Partially Obstructed 2 replies
Thank you Ken, Yes Mutual Blocking. One of the FaceBook group pointed me into that directions. After I deleted the iCal and disabled it. I was able to link the Mutual Blocking . It works the way it supposed to now.
Calendar Sync Partially Obstructed 2 replies
Yeah, I'm confused... But, I think that what you really want here is our Mutual Blocking configuration:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/combined-properties-blockoff-lockoff
Insurance at check out - verbiage suggestion 2 replies
yes it should be... Thanks
Insurance at check out - verbiage suggestion 2 replies
I just started getting similar questions about this as well! I made myself a test booking to see what guests were talking about. I agree that once you get into that trip insurance section, it seems mandatory — which is causing some obvious confusion among guests.
@BlueMtnCabins - Maybe this should be in the Feature Request section instead?
Booking vs Blocking on calendar 6 replies
Hey Celia! You can set your preference for this in Account > Display Preferences. You can choose if you want blocked dates to show as grey or your property color -- as well as candy-striped or solid.
Multiplier error? 4 replies
There's not a good way to represent pricing that different with guest fees -- those are meant for properties where there's an incremental charge per guest as you add more. If the same for the first 6, and then doubles at 7, the way to do that is with multiple properties.
Can each half be rented separately, i.e. can two groups of 6 guests rent at the same time? If so, the best thing to do is to set it up as three properties with mutual blocking (half A, half B, and the whole property): https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/combined-properties-blockoff-lockoff
Or, if you can rent half or whole but not both halves at the same time, then still use mutual blocking but with two properties -- one for the half, one for the whole.
Insurance at check out - verbiage suggestion 2 replies
I love that OR reminds guests to buy insurance after signing that RA. Great feature. But I had already 2 guests call me asking why are they being forced to buy insurance. The way the splash screen looks it makes them think it is mandatory.
Maybe add something like " No, I will take my chance and I do not want to protect my trip" below the current message so that screen is dismissable by clicking on some "No " button. Just a suggestion.
Multiplier error? 4 replies
My goal is to give people a realistic estimate of costs. It's a property that can be split in half, up to 6 guests or both halves up to 12. When they put 12 in, I don't want them to think it's the pricing shown (only for half). What's the best way to categorize that if not guest fees?
Multiplier error? 4 replies
Per-guest fees must be flat amounts because of how they are sent to channels.
If you're trying to create a percentage fee that kicks in once for more than 6 guests you could do that but you'd need to pick a different category. Also, that sort of configuration will only work for direct and Vrbo bookings, not Airbnb. Airbnb only supports per-guest flat amount type guest fees.
Multiplier error? 4 replies
But I want to choose a percentage. So why is it giving me the error if a percentage type doesn't use a multiplier?
Multiplier error? 4 replies
This is happening because the "percent of rent" amount type is selected, which can't be multiplied.
Switch to the "fixed amount" type and then you'll be able to select the multiplier.
iCal Feed and Third Party Notifications 1 reply
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-calendar-import-export
Multiplier error? 4 replies
I'm trying to add an add'l guest fee when there are more than 6 guests. There is no "Multiplier" listed for me to correct.
It looks like the format has changed a bit from the old help files... https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/common-surcharge-discounts
So what am I doing wrong?
Coupon code / pay by check discount 4 replies
I have a discount coupon code. I also have a self-select discount for payments by check or Zelle. But I did not intend them to be stackable. Is there a setting to prevent those 2 from being applied to the same booking? Thanks
Possible to set standard check-in/out times globally? (Issues with Airbnb API integration) 2 replies
Chris,
I just had this happen to me.
The Listing Quality Analyzer does not catch this either.
Please complete this task
" We'll add a warning for the check in/out times on the Listing Quality Analyzer -- that'll give folks a heads up as they're setting up."
Your software is complex so eliminating these exceptions to the rules would help us out a lot as we use it.
I suggest getting rid of the standard completely if it is not universally adhered to as it implies that it is.
run reports to see historical payment info from disabled properties 21 replies
Agree with the others, when a property is disabled, there should be a possibility to be able to get the data into the reports.
Calendar Sync Partially Obstructed 2 replies
I have 3 units on Airbnb Unit1, Unit2 and Unit3. Unit 3 actually consist of both units ( 1 and 2 together for a bigger party). When I exported Airbnb the calendars to Owner Rez. Under the Unit 3 I have Ical from Unit 1 and Unit2). When any day is booked in Unit 1 or unit 2 that date automatically should show unavailable under unit 3. The problem is that for some dates ( not all) The calendar shows Partially Obstructed instead of Fully Obstructed. Some dates under Unit 3 show available even thought it should show unavailable. For example Unit 1 is booked 08/18 - 08/21 and Unit2 08/20- 08/24. I would expect Unit 3 be unavailable 08/18 - 08/24 . But the calendar in Airbnb shows 08/20/22 -08/24/22. Unit 1 does show blocked dates ( under Unit3) but only if Unit 2 is not booked. When some of the same dates are booked in Unit 1 and Unit 2. Unit # only shows blocked dates from Unit 2. sorry for confusion
Booking vs Blocking on calendar 6 replies
Can you go into each property and choose a different color? Go to property and change calendar color.
Booking vs Blocking on calendar 6 replies
Mine is all red.... the property booking and blocked off dates