General Help and Questions
Latest Activity...
Expiration Date 4 replies
Where is the feature located now? I can't see a Billing tab on a property.
Disputed charge. Stripe is no help. 2 replies
The guest booked VRBO so payment processed through Stripe. They disputed it a month later and Stripe just took it right out of my bank account. They say it'll be up to 8 months before i get it back and that's only if the bank they use agrees in my favor.
The guest claims they tried to withdraw the dispute but then they went silent after that.
This is not right at all. Is there no way to protect us better from this type thing happening??
Airbnb API - keeps showing "Importing" on Airbnb side 3 replies
You mean, temporarily hide the listing on Airbnb?
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb-common-issues-questions#hide-listing
Airbnb API - keeps showing "Importing" on Airbnb side 3 replies
Hello. How do I snooze a listing with ownerrez? I want to make sure I can remove the listing from AIRBNB but still communicate with guests?
Property sharing 13 replies
@BlueMntCabins... You ought to buy the domain name smokeymountaincabinsbyowner.com (note the extra "e" in smokey) and then have that auto-redirect to your real one. Every time I go to look at your site, I always spell it wrong and put the "e" in. 😆
Access to CRM 3 replies
Is there plans in the future to have the ability to grant access to the CRM without having to give full admin privileges?
Yes, and it is actively being tasked and scheduled. "Tiered Access" is what we call it.
Web Developer 1 reply
Hi PacVIew! We actually just started working with a new WordPress designer for our large PMs clients that want a totally unique experience. He is using our WordPress Plugin to connect OwnerRez data but designing completely custom WordPress sites for customers. If you are interested, reach out to our help desk with a message asking for the WordPress custom dev contact, and we'll put you in touch.
How many OR users are integrated with QuickBooks? 12 replies
Dori, Chris... Thanks for your candor! I appreciate your frustration, believe me, and 2022 was supposed to be "the year of accounting" over here. We've had a lot of meetings about it and tasked out a lot of stuff. Frankly, we continue growing on many fronts and have had to tackle some major PM and Channel work along with some dev-ops and sys-ops stuff to handle the growth. We pride ourselves on having solid features that work well and save our users' time, but the QB feature is (and has been) lacking and does not meet that standard. I don't want to promise any ETA on new work, but we are aware of how far behind it is and plan to address it in 2022. One of the big first steps to that is a feature we call "Deposits" that will complete the loop on linking payments with actual bank deposits so that you reconciliation can be to the penny. That is very close now to be scheduled.
Web Developer 1 reply
I am looking for a developer that can help us build out using the APIs our own booking and guest portal website. In the past we have had sites built on a WordPress foundation with our prior property management system. We are open to that or any other possible options. We would love to know if any of you have built your own and could recommend developers for us to contact?
Airbnb - Seperate Secutiry desposits (holds on CC) 2 replies
Yes, note that specifically states "The exception is... software-connected Hosts." That would be OwnerRez. :-)
Here's more resources that are useful in handling this:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb-common-issues-questions#offline-secdep-complaints
Airbnb - Seperate Secutiry desposits (holds on CC) 2 replies
It is confusing on AirBNB
AirBNB Custom Link Settings in OwnerRez 3 replies
Well, you don't have to disable the entire API, just disconnect that 1 property for the 5 minutes it takes to make the change, then connect it back up again.
AirBNB Custom Link Settings in OwnerRez 3 replies
If I want to create a custom link in airbnb, but I am linked via API, would you recommend I disable the API, while I make the changes?
VRBO bookings made via OR's api not seen in VRBO Dashboard. 1 reply
No, that's normal - when you're using the Vrbo API, your Vrbo dashboard calendar should be ignored.
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-vrbo-common-issues-questions#bad-calendar
How many OR users are integrated with QuickBooks? 12 replies
None of the issues I reported have been resolved. I remain frustrated with the integration, but I simply don't have the time to disentangle it. I do wish OR would lower the price given a) all the issues, b) the lack of fixes and improvements and c) the price of the QB integration is still nearly half the cost of the OR system (which in comparison is so much more robust than the QB piece). I wish I could recommend this to others, but I just can't.
PS: I want to add that ironically, much of my frustration stems from how excellent the OR system is and how responsive the OR team is to issues and bugs within their flagship product. I do think OR is top-notch. I just wish the team had the same commitment to this QB integration as they do to improving the OR system itself.
How many OR users are integrated with QuickBooks? 12 replies
So...7 months later--how are we looking? I'm working with a professional bookkeeper now (doing books myself was too overwhelming!) and we'd like to explore the ability to sync OR (so she doesn't have to bill me as much for data entry!). Are we making progress towards addressing these issues and perhaps even going live with the overhaul that was mentioned as being in the works last year?
run reports to see historical payment info from disabled properties 21 replies
A few months ago, we sold off some of our properties, and now I'm understanding why this is an issue people are complaining about.
I keep running reports to analyze last year's performance of all my properties (I'll often do this when talking with a potential new client so I can show them what they might be able to expect as far as revenue/occupancy/etc.), but now my report data is hobbled because several of the properties I'd show them data for are now missing.
It would certainly be nice if OR could handle this more gracefully--perhaps add an option in the various reports to "include disabled properties."
VRBO bookings made via OR's api not seen in VRBO Dashboard. 1 reply
VRBO bookings made via OR's api channel do not show up in my VRBO Dashboard. I have about 4 already and do not see any record of them on my VRBO dashboard. Should I be concerned?
New Here! Basic Help 1 reply
Most likely you haven't connected or activated the API connections to those channels yet, which is how OwnerRez is able to update rates.
You may find this general setup checklist helpful:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/setup-checklist
Please feel free to write in to the Helpdesk for an account review - we can give pointers and identify what's missing after you've worked through the general instructions.
New Here! Basic Help 1 reply
Hi, I am new to Owner Rez. I am liking it so far but I am finding it a huge learning curve. One thing I did today was update my pricing on Owner Rez and when I check the pages that my chalet is on (VRBO, AIR BNB, Trip Ad) none of the pricing was updated on those platforms... WHY??? haha
Discount code field for Hosted Websites? 4 replies
apologies, I figured it out, so nevermind!
Discount code field for Hosted Websites? 4 replies
Actually Ken, a follow up question. I have two hosted websites, but in the discount section, only one is available to choose under "my listing sites" when I choose which listing sites for a particular discount. I've checked and the other hosted website is live and no issues with the DNS.
Discount code field for Hosted Websites? 4 replies
Thanks Ken!
Discount code field for Hosted Websites? 4 replies
Sure, here's how to set that up:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/discount-codes
Discount code field for Hosted Websites? 4 replies
I just created my hosted website and I'd like to send it out to friends and family, but I don't see a discount code field on the booking area. Is this something OR supports? I know you can create discount codes for emailed quotes, but I wanted to have a "discount code" or "promo code" field on my website. it's definitely possible I don't have a flip switched or something. All help is appreciated!
Hosted Website Booking 1 reply
Hi Charles & Celia,
Currently, the settings that determine if the "Book Now" button shows, on either the top level Book Now page or the individual property page, dictates what happens across all properties.
However, we do have a per property rule setting where you can put bookings into pending/confirmation-required mode. When that happens, the guest would go through the normal quote > booking flow but be told that their card will be verified but not charged and the booking is pending until you confirm.
Would that work instead since we don't (yet) have the ability to turn off Book Now on a specific property over another?
You could also use custom CSS, potentially to target and hide the Book Now button on the one property page where you don't want it. That wouldn't work on the top level Book Now page, but it would work on the individual property page.
Airbnb misreporting half-bathrooms 1 reply
Yes, this was a known bug, that actually was fixed earlier today. I just checked your Airbnb listing linked above, and it is now correctly showing 1.5 baths.
Airbnb misreporting half-bathrooms 1 reply
Anyone else having this issue?
miapartamentos.com/1505-orp5b497afx
airbnb.com/h/or1505
1.5 bath on ORez, 2 bath on airbnb. Just got a complaint over it.
Hosted Website Booking 1 reply
Hey all,
I have two properties that I am trying to set up on our Hosted Website. One can be booked directly. The other I would like to anly allow folks to inquire about as it requires manual intervention for now.
I cannot find a setting in each property that allows me to do this. Am I missing something or is this a feature request?
Thank you,
Sending OR reviews to Vrbo 5 replies
It should do all the past eligible reviews, which may not be all of them. If you think it is working incorrectly, please write in to the Helpdesk with a list of the reviews that should be going up to Vrbo and aren't.