General Help and Questions
Latest Activity...
run reports to see historical payment info from disabled properties 21 replies
Is there a way to run any reports so that we can see past payments from disabled properties?
I would like to see at a glance in reports how much we made last year in Total Payouts for all properties, but because several of the properties we managed during that time are now disabled, I don't see the income they generated in the total.
Is there a way to see this?
Thank you
bookings on AirBNB disappeared 1 reply
Hi! I am new to OR and just uploaded my direct book spreadsheet into OR. Then I synchronized my bookings with AirBNB and VRBO. They loaded into correctly. However, AirBNBs were deleted by accident and I need to synch again but the system keeps telling me they are loaded but my AirBNB calendar is blank - no direct bookings show at all to future guests. You can see bookings made through VRBO or AirBNB - just no direct bookings. Big problem as I have very few openings! I have double check my iCal links and those seem to be right. Please help!
Length of Stay Discounts 3 replies
In the Discount itself, you can set what specific Seasons it does (or does not) apply to.
Length of Stay Discounts 3 replies
Thanks. Can I create separate discounts for different seasons? How do I do that, by excluding all other seasons that don’t use the discount? Or is there another way? There’s no way to set that up in the seasonal rate settings themselves? It’s cumbersome and just inviting errors when changing/updating rates.
Length of Stay Discounts 3 replies
In OwnerRez, Discounts can be applied to specific Seasons. That should do what it sounds like you need?
Length of Stay Discounts 3 replies
I find the rates editors in OwnerRez to be the most confusing thing about the software. I much prefer Houfy's or even (gasp) VRBO's editor because they allow you to set a flat rate for a weekly rate (Houfy) or percentage of weekly or monthly discount per rate period/season (VRBO). Is there any way to do either of these in OwnerRez? My LOS discount per week varies depending on the season and right now I can't figure out any way to do that. Please help. I really want to finish my VRBO API integration but can't until I get these darned rates sorted out and then tested. Thanks!
A way for use to be alerted problem guest 2 replies
We use tags... In our case we call them "Problem Guest" and it can be done at any point...we then make notes about why we have tagged them. Then we have a trigger that we use that sends us an email at the time a booking is created where the tag of Problem Guest is attached to the guest. The real question is what/how you want to address the situation when you get one of those emails.
The email template system is not "smart enough" to be able to give you the guest history information or "notes" gathered from previous bookings or quotes for the guest (at least not that we have found yet) so we will go and lookup the current booking and will then review the history of the guest and determine why we have flagged them and make the determination of whether we call them and ultimately cancel them.
It happens very rarely for us, but we still like to know and make the appropriate determination.
New API Listing: How To Open Up First 7 Days on Airbnb? 1 reply
There are many possible reasons for this, so you'd do best to send in a request for assistance to the Helpdesk.
New API Listing: How To Open Up First 7 Days on Airbnb? 1 reply
I just created a new listing and I want to open up the first 7 days. How do I do that when its blocked out on Airbnb?
"Try to send a missed trigger up until the booking has arrived." How does this work? 1 reply
No, each individual trigger will only send the email once. That checkbox is for situations where the guest might not meet the criteria at the appointed time, but may later. For instance, you might have an email containing the lock code that is sent only if the guest has signed the agreement - that would be an appropriate situation to use that checkbox, as the guest may not have signed the agreement today, but may sign it tomorrow, in which case they should get the code even though the normal time for it has passed.
"Try to send a missed trigger up until the booking has arrived." How does this work? 1 reply
I have a trigger set up to send an email 5 days prior to arrival (at 7 am), to any guest who has not yet signed the rental agreement.
If they fail to sign the agreement, does checking this box mean that they will get the same email each day (at 7 am) prior to the arrival until it is signed? How often is the same email sent via this trigger?
Thanks!
A way for use to be alerted problem guest 2 replies
You can indicate an issue using Tags:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/tags
A way for use to be alerted problem guest 2 replies
Is there a way to alert us that guest was a problem, during the inquiry stage? Can we have something that alerts us that there was a problem with the guest? We already could mark it under notes. Maybe something flashing?
Thanks,
Claudia
Show Discount on "Book Now" quote on the Hosted Website 2 replies
This is the result of a combination of how you have set your Preferences to combine all Rent lines together:
https://app.ownerrez.com/account/preferences
And, set the discount to be categorized as Rent - so it gets combined in with the rest.
Show Discount on "Book Now" quote on the Hosted Website 2 replies
My discounts are being applied correctly, but my summary window on the hosted website's "Book Now' function does not show the discount line.
For example, when I create a quote in OR, I see this summary:
$8,776.73 for 14 nights
Rent – 14 nights: $7,855.00
Surcharge – Cleaning Fee based on $175.00 per stay: $175.00
Discount – Discount 5% for 7 or more nights based on 5% per stay (rent only): -$392.75
Tax – Taxes: $1,139.48
But the summary on the hosted website combines the Rent and Discount:
Charge Details
Rent $7,462.25
Cleaning Fee: Regular Fee (up to 5 guests, 29 days) $175.00
Taxes $1,139.48
Total $8,776.73
I would like to show that I am applying a discount and define it for the guest. Is there a setting I need to change?
Thanks!
Definitions for Terms in PM Owner Statements 6 replies
thank you!!
HELP! VRBO cancelation and refund problem 3 replies
Most likely, that payment has not yet cleared the processor and cannot be refunded - it should instead be voided. This is better anyway since it'll save you the transactions fees.
HELP! VRBO cancelation and refund problem 3 replies
Had a guest book late last night on VRBO and I had to cancel the reservation this morning (reason not important). I followed the steps of adding a 100% "cancellation credit" to the charges, and then canceled the booking in OR. Now when I go to transactions to issue the refund on the card I get an error saying "The referenced transaction does not meet the criteria for issuing a credit." Anyone seen this and know what I need to do to?
booking process custom fields problem 1 reply
Go into the Booking, Legal tab, and use the Request dropdown button to ask for a new rental agreement. They'll be given the same opportunity to enter their information and custom fields, and can correct/update it as necessary. Then, that'll be used in the new agreement presented to them.
Definitions for Terms in PM Owner Statements 6 replies
You will find some of them on these pages:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/booking-statistics-glossary-name
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/glossary-definitions
Definitions for Terms in PM Owner Statements 6 replies
Hi!
I am working on creating a new Custom Owner Statement, using the Statement Views section.
I am having a hard time finding the definitions for the terms used. Is there a list of those anywhere? Ex. Owner Amount, Gross, Gross (In period), Owner Revenue... I can figure out a lot of them but some I am not sure..
Thank you!!
booking process custom fields problem 1 reply
I have a required "custom field" that must be filled out by the guest during checkout. I ask for names and ages of all guests, and this information then gets populated into the rental agreement. The problem is If a guest simply puts ANY information (ie their phone number) in the box it will accept the filed as complete and allow the booking to be finalized.
My question is, when this happens, what do I send to the guest to allow them to redo this section with the correct information (names and ages), and will it then create a new rental agreement with the updated and correct information?
The only thing I can think of now is to cancel the booking, allow them to re-book, and remind them to correctly fill out the box when they do. The problem with this is that the initial credit card transaction (25% of total booking cost) will have already been charged, and if I cancel the booking it will cancel the charge, yet I'll end up "eating" the processing fees.
Adding existing listing, not ported over when API connected 1 reply
You can't import listings using the API, but if the listing is visible, you can import it to OwnerRez using this tool:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/listing-content-import
Adding existing listing, not ported over when API connected 1 reply
We have a portion of our home that is available part of the year, I did not bring that listing over when I connected our API with Airbnb earlier this year, because that listing was paused at the time. Is it possible to bring that separate listing over now within the API? Same host and owner, just an existing listing that was not ported over in the API originally. Thank you!
Airbnb Primary Host 5 replies
The API can only connect to a single account for listing management -- this makes sense because you can only be pushing availability/pricing from one spot, handling bookings and calendars in one spot, etc.
Multiple accounts can connect for messaging purposes but only one for listing management.
Now, since you've both got OwnerRez accounts, you could connect the API to one OwnerRez account, and then share access to that OwnerRez account with the other OwnerRez account. Then you'd both be able to manage those listings.
Inquiry: how to setup a trigger for me to notify inquiry person if dates become available due to cancellation? 3 replies
Thankyou!! Good tip! I'Il do this :-)
Airbnb Primary Host 5 replies
Chris, two of us, with separate OR accounts, would like to co-manage some listings via Airbnb/Vrbo/Direct. Does your answer above indicate there isn't a way to do this from our separate accounts?
Airbnb Primary Host 5 replies
I heard back from Airbnb support on this and the Primary Host permission isn't enough to manage a listing via API.
Only the account that created the listing can manage it via API.
Airbnb Primary Host 5 replies
Now that Airbnb has setup the idea of a Primary Host that is also different from CoHost and Listing Admin, is it possible for a Primary Host to connect OR to Airbnb??
Or...do you have to be the Listing Admin?
Blocked time not showing on VRBO/Airbnb 4 replies
I did that and have not received an answer. Meanwhile my property is showing available on VRBO/Airbnb when we cannot rent it