General Help and Questions
Latest Activity...
Booking.com availability question 2 replies
Thank you
Booking.com availability question 2 replies
This is a known issue that can be ignored.
Surcharges and OTAs 1 reply
OwnerRez is only able to set surcharges in channels you are connected to via API, so that answers Vrbo.
For Airbnb, there are a number of possibilities, such as, you may have set a rate adjustment to increase your charges on Airbnb. Or, if you have a linen fee, Airbnb combines that with cleaning when displaying to guests.
If you'd like to investigate further, you can write in to the Helpdesk with an example of a booking number that is wrong.
Booking.com availability question 2 replies
Booking . com question. I have 100 days out set on API settings on a channel. But BDC keeps sending me emails that I only have few dates left open. When I log in and view calendar, it says:
Act now – your property is only available for 23 more days I am not sure how is that possible when by API channel says 100 days.
New Airbnb App and search categories 9 replies
Thanks Ken.
I think their Machine has a lot of learning to do. I looked for my place under countryside and national parks but despite it actually being in both it doesn’t turn up in the searches.
Plenty of other places that aren’t in the countryside or a national park turned up though.
Looks a bit of a mess at the moment.
New Airbnb App and search categories 9 replies
Airbnb has just confirmed to us that, indeed, this will be entirely automated using machine learning, so there will be no new settings, amenities, or other options to configure.
Surcharges and OTAs 1 reply
Hi everyone! I'm getting through the setup process (as I say to my kids when faced with something big, "how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!") and have put in surcharges for
1. Cleaning: $205
2. Maintenance fee (insurance): $37
VRBO is still iCal and Airbnb is API, and VRBO is showing nothing even after a sync and hard refresh in incognito window, and Airbnb is showing a random $211 cleaning fee (not the $205 I have in OR).
Help? Thank you!
New Airbnb App and search categories 9 replies
Airbnb just announced it to us as well. Their official guidance says that the new categories will be "evaluated using machine learning", which suggests that, no, there won't be any additional boxes for you - their systems will presumably automatically search your photos and descriptions for mentions of Frank Lloyd Wright and grand pianos, to grab a few examples.
We are continuing to request additional information, and will quickly support any new options Airbnb makes available.
New Airbnb App and search categories 9 replies
I know it's brand new (today) but I logged in to see what i need to do to update my properties for the new Airbnb category searches. I can find the announcement from Airbnb but can't find any more than that. I'm assuming they will arrive soon and that OwnerRez will have some new boxes for us to fill in.
Anyone know anything about it?
Thanks
Quickbooks 16 replies
Well, since I'm a programmer, probably about $3/month in AWS Lambda fees. I understand you're trying to get business here. I'm trying to convey that it's not something I'd be interested in.
run reports to see historical payment info from disabled properties 21 replies
We would love to see this too. Why couldn't the properties be listed in the property drop down list as a an option? The value of good reports is immense.
How many OR users are integrated with QuickBooks? 12 replies
Hey Dori123! Is this problem still an issue or has it been resolved?
Quickbooks 16 replies
I don't think a feature like this would be hundreds of dollars monthly. What seems like a fair price point to you to have this automated?
Quickbooks 16 replies
Well, honestly we turned off the Quickbooks integration on OwnerRez because we found it was creating more work than it solved for. Additionally, it seemed like kind of an abandoned feature without much support from OwnerRez at the moment.
I've briefly looked at a couple of other companies offering products to automatically sync them but have dismissed them do to cost. I'm a programmer myself, so it's hard to justify spending hundreds of dollars monthly on something I could knock out in a day.
Quickbooks 16 replies
I don't work for ownerrez, but I am a developer so I could help. If you want to talk more about the problem, you can email me: milestuck95@gmail.com
Quickbooks 16 replies
Makes sense. Do these line items need to be pulled in through ownerrez or can these transactions be accessed outside of ownerrez? I ask because if ownerrez isn't the only platform with access to your charges/transactions, then maybe we can work around ownerrez and solve the issue.
Quickbooks 16 replies
We have to do it once a month at month close, but it can require hours of work depending on the bookings we have.
Quickbooks 16 replies
How often do you have to manually update these line items in quickbooks?
Cleaners 19 replies
Thanks for the warning Micaela! Was looking at them recently, mainly because of the cleaner marketplace. Would love to get a cleaner that uses a system like Turnover's or their competitor so I could stop dealing with the scheduling.
Cleaners 19 replies
VRScheduler handles scheduling very well, great pricing and product.
Can you share your experience a little more? Does the cleaner get text messages or calendar app? pricing?
We jsut found TurnOverbnb charges you extra if you found a cleaner through them.....kind of sneaky I thought.
Micaela
HomeToGo - how to pay them?? 6 replies
I just received a link to pay via credit card after I asked them how to pay. It took about a week.
Ribbon Calendar on Mobile 17 replies
Single month calendar is same thing - the calendar shows fine, but there's no option to select which property you want to view. ???
Ribbon Calendar on Mobile 17 replies
I've tried to do this too - but using the multi-month calendar, in mobile the dropdown button to select which property to view doesn't show? stardustretreat.com, see screenshot below. I have a Wix website.
Cleaners 19 replies
Yes TurnoverBnB. They must have changed something with pricing then because that isn’t what is being charged. They charge $10 extra from me plus take $10 from my cleaner ever turn.
HEADS UP GUYS!
Cleaners 19 replies
How can we do this? We have a cleaner who uses Turnbnb but they charge both the cleaner and myself $10 for every turn. Its costly. I would rather have something that she can see my bookings, and schedule cleans outside of turnBnb.
You mean TurnoverBnb? Shouldn't be $10 per clean--pricing is $8/mo/property: https://turnoverbnb.com/pricing
Any way to include cleaning fee in the per-night rate? 3 replies
If you configure the surcharge to be categorized as rent in the surcharge settings:
And then go to Settings > Pricing Preferences and set the guest view to show all rent lines collapsed to a single charge:
Then on your side of the quote/booking you'll see the separate cleaning fee, but from a guest perspective they'll see a single charge for that "Rent" description with the total of all rent lines including that cleaning surcharge that's categorized as rent.
This will work for direct bookings and Vrbo, but not for other channels like Airbnb or Booking.com etc. as they don't have a "display in rent" option. Those channels that don't support display in rent will still show the cleaning fee separately.
Any way to include cleaning fee in the per-night rate? 3 replies
I cannot bc my stays vary from 2 to 7 nights but cleaning fee is per-stay and is the same whether they stay 2 nights or 7.
Any way to include cleaning fee in the per-night rate? 3 replies
Well, sure - don't have a cleaning fee. Just build the cost of cleaning into your regular rate pricing.
Any way to include cleaning fee in the per-night rate? 3 replies
I am just curious as I see a lot of traveler feedback. They see one nightly rate, but then it "jumps" when cleaning fee (and tax) are added when they see the actual quote.
So is there a way to "spread" the cleaning fee across the stay?
Example (without tax for simplicity):
I have fixed $200 cleaning fee.
My (example) nightly rate is $150.
So for 2 nights when cleaning fee is included, it will show $250/pn
For 3 nights it will show $217 / pn
For 4 nights it will show $200 /pn
And so on.
Nightly rate shown flat for example simplicity.
Thanks
Cleaners 19 replies
Here is how to set up and use Portal Access:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/portal-access