Learn more about Airbnb discounts by reading the following.
OwnerRez users should be aware that Airbnb does not necessarily interpret the discounts exactly as designed in OR, due to the limitations of Airbnb's rate engine.
- Airbnb does not support the Booked on Date criteria for discounts.
- Season criteria are supported for Airbnb discounts.
- OwnerRez recommends that users view their property on Airbnb to be assured that any discounts configured in OwnerRez are displaying correctly on Airbnb.
- Create an Airbnb Discount
- Weekly/Monthly Rates
- Strike Through Discounts
- New Listing 20% Off Discount
To create discounts in OwnerRez, navigate to Settings > Pricing > Discounts. Create a Discount to be applied automatically. Then use the Booking Fields to specify the criteria for when that discount should apply.
- This example would create a fixed (and taxable) $10 discount off per stay.
- Alternatively, users can create a Percentage of Rent or Percent of Subtotal discounts by selecting those.
- Weekly/monthly discounts will show in the week/month discounts settings on Airbnb if they are exactly 7 or 28 nights and have no date criteria.
Note that Airbnb does not necessarily interpret the discounts exactly as you design them, because of limitations in their rate engine. Your discounts as programmed into OwnerRez are mapped to Airbnb in the following ways:
- Weekly/monthly discounts will show in the week/month discounts settings on Airbnb if they are exactly 7 or 28 nights and have no date criteria. Otherwise (if they have date criteria or target a different length of time) they will be set as rules on the calendar.
- Other length of stay discounts will also be sent as rules to Airbnb. They must have a criteria of "number of nights" greater than and not be a 7 or 28 night discount. They may have date criteria. They can't have any other criteria than date and number of nights or they won't apply as rules in Airbnb -- you can't combine length of stay and other sorts of criteria like last minute or early bird.
- Last minute discounts will be sent as rules to Airbnb. Learn more by reading Last Minute Discounts on Airbnb. They must have a criteria of "arrival days from now" less than, where the number is 28 or less. They may have date criteria, but can't have any other criteria than date and arrival days from now or they won't apply as rules in Airbnb -- you cannot combine length of stay and last minute criteria.
4. Early bird discounts will be sent as rules to Airbnb. Learn more by reading Early Bird Discounts on Airbnb. They must have a criteria of "arrival days from now" greater than or equal to, where the number is a multiple of 28 or 30. They may have date criteria, but can't have any other criteria than date and "arrival days from now" or they won't apply as rules in Airbnb -- you can't combine length of stay and early bird criteria.
Generally, Airbnb doesn't support weekly/monthly type rates. Instead they support length-of-stay discounts.
If you do not have weekly or monthly rates, just use LOS discounts and leave it at that, they'll work in Airbnb and in your direct bookings.
If you already have weekly and/or monthly rates and are configuring the Airbnb API, you have two recommended approaches:
- Make the length-of-stay discounts only apply to Airbnb, by setting the Listing Site criteria on the discount to "only Airbnb". That way direct bookings will remain using the weekly/monthly rates you have set in your Seasonal Rates, and Airbnb will use the LOS discount.
- Use length-of-stay discounts everywhere, and remove all weekly and monthly rates from your Seasonal Rates.
Make sure you don't have both weekly/monthly rates and LOS discounts applying to direct bookings! If you do, both discounts will be applied - they will stack, and your direct-booking guests will get a super double discount. They'll be happy but you, not so much.
The only way to do this in OwnerRez is by using the discount rule. It must comply with the following restrictions:
- A percent type discount
- At least 10% discount
- No multiplier
- Use a single booking criteria - that is, one of the following:
- Number of nights (Length-of-Stay discount)
- Arrival days from now less than (last minute discount) -- must be less than 30
- Arrival days from now greater than or equal to (early bird discount) -- must be a multiple of 28 or 30
If you want to have a last-minute special discount that generates the strike-through display in Airbnb, you can do that as well. This has the following restrictions:
- A percent type discount of 10% or more
- No multiplier
You can't activate that discount from OwnerRez.
If you are setting up a new listing in Airbnb, there may be a point during that creation process where you have a checkbox option to have (or not have) that discount:
If you are pushing the new listing up to Airbnb from OwnerRez via the API connection as we recommend, you won't see this screen. In that case, you may still be able to activate the discount directly on your Airbnb control panel.
If you've activated the discount either way and decided you don't want it anymore, you can remove promotions from your calendar in the Airbnb control panel.
A non-refundable option is a discount that allows Hosts to list their properties at two different price points (standard rate or a lower percentage non-refundable rate).
Users can navigate to their Airbnb API Connection > Change > select the Offer non-refundable discount and enter the percentage non-refundable discount rate.
The Cancellation Policy must be set to Strict 14 or lower for the Offer non-refundable discount to be visible.
Learn more by reading the Non-refundable Option on Airbnb.